Job Title: Programmes Manager
Organization: Al-Khatim Adlan Centre for Enlightenment and Human Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Al-Khatim Adlan Centre for Enlightenment and Human Development (commonly known as KACE) is a small dynamic NGO working with the Sudanese civil society and the horn of Africa civil society through human rights and human development projects and to implement a diverse programmatic portfolio which aims to establish long-term peace and stability in Sudan.
Job Summary: The Programmes Manager will be coordinating and monitoring programs and the financial flow into the organization, as well as overseeing the programme development and financial management throughout their duration. This includes developing projects, researching and writing grant applications and developing concept notes. The incumbent will also be responsible for liaising with current and potential donors, negotiating contracts and partnerships, monitoring project cycles , reporting to donors and advising on long-term sustainability of programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work in liaison with the director, the administration manager and project managers to develop project ideas and concept notes in the thematic areas of work.
· Identify opportunities for fundraising and to suggest ideas for new programs and initiative working with the director of KACE.
· Keenly facilitate and contribute to KACE’s programme development, implementation, quality assurance and general overview all projects.
· Oversee the implementation, reporting and documentation projects and actively engage in projects planning, contracting, reporting, and evaluation.
· Locate and join relevant networks on new grant opportunities, and nurture relationships with existing donors and partners.
· Establish communication and collaborate with researchers, technical experts, knowledge institutes and grassroots experts.
· Pursuing new funding options and following up on leads with the director
· Actively contribute to the development of advocacy statements and briefing and work closely with the communications and campaign officer on advocacy work .
· Work closely with the finance officer on developing project budgets and liquidity forecasts for projects.
· In charge of monitoring projects in close coordination with project managers, supporting them whenever necessary in activities, and especially in reporting.
· Evaluate projects on a quarterly basis and assist the project team in meeting their plans of actions and budgets
· Managing a donor database for institutional sustainability including contact information and all materials linked to project contracts
· Support with any English-language editing required for administration or project purposes
· Perform various public relations work when required, especially with international NGOs, embassies, and other agencies.
· In charge of liaising, reporting and supervising the proper use of the budget allocated and ensuring transparency.
· Perform any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· At least three to five years of experience in fundraising and programme development for NGOs
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including reading and writing proficiency in English, ability to follow up quickly with email correspondence, and strong online research skills for grant opportunities.
· Excellent computer skills in Word and Excel
· Highly organized who can work under strict time pressure and can work outside normal business hours if required
· Ready to travel when necessary
· Highly flexible and patient individual with a good sense of humor to handle the workload and the challenges of working on Sudan issues.
· Self-motivated with strong personal initiative and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Fluency in the Arabic language is desired
· Knowledge of or previous residence in Sudan
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated resume and cover letter detailing how you fit the job description to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline