Job Title: General Manager
Organisation: BRAC International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage, develop and expand portfolio of BRAC Uganda Social Business Enterprise (current portfolio includes seed production center and tissue culture lab)
· Plan and implement yearly objectives for BSBE, in line with the Organizations goals and mission.
· Work closely with research organizations for improved seed productions.
· Define and deliver on value propositions for new and existing clients, lead strategic planning, quarterly business reviews and client planning
· Generate strategic marketing program ideas, marketing plans and manage the implementation of marketing initiatives
· Build trusted relationships with clients by delivering engagements that exceed expectations, demonstrating a strong ROI and leveraging thought leadership
· Explore new collaboration with International Research Institute especially those that have expertise in the field of research as well as marketing network across the world.
· Work closely with intra-managers, related government officials, stakeholders to ensure all activities are done in an efficient and effective way
· Responsible for defining and delivering on value propositions for new and existing clients.
· Lead, manage and mentor a team of talented marketing professionals, in consultations with management, recruit qualified staffs as well as design and implement the program activities.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the General Manager vacancy should hold a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Agriculture or Agri-business related field.
· At least eight years of progressively responsible experience in seed marketing and production
· Strong management experience providing guidance to a diverse multi-cultural team and ability to manage at all levels of an organization
· Broad knowledge and understanding of channel marketing and consulting
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Good interpersonal skills
· Exceptional communication skills
· Proven track record of driving sales and building client relationships
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae not scanned (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least three professional referees in Ms. Office Word Document) and all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents. They should all be merged into one PDF file. In total, there must only be two attachments sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 25th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline