Job Title: Program Development Officer
Organisation: Life Changers Initiative - Uganda (LCI-U)
Duty Station: Mpigi, Uganda
Life Changers Initiative - Uganda (LCI-U) is a community-based organization CBO in Mpigi District.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work as a liaison between Life Changers’ and Governmental/Non-Governmental authorities for collaborative programming on behalf of Life Changers’.
· Regularly monitor and actively search for upcoming agency “calls for proposals” and proactively inform the Country Director of upcoming opportunities.
· Write concept papers, proposals, and project summaries in support of the Country Director.
· Work in liaison with the Country Director, Deputy Country Director, and Finance Manager to develop proposal budgets.
· Work out Life Changers’ Program Management Guidelines.
· Coordinate assessments and conduct field visits in order to collect and verify data.
· Keenly analyze data and background materials in order to provide guidance and support to Country Director and key decision makers.
· Research and propose best practices in development programs and NGO operations.
· Oversee updates of Life Changers’ database that captures project details and geographical coverage of activities.
· Work in liaison with stakeholders to ensure accurate and appropriate impact stories are being developed regularly.
· Act as the focal point for Life Changers’ Initiative-Uganda social media amounts, updating content, responding to queries, and monitoring traffic flow.
· In charge of developing and writing of quarterly reports and proposals.
· Provide surge capacity and assume additional responsibilities in the event of a natural disaster or crisis.
· Support the Country Director with strategic planning and the implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of newly funded programs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
· Possession of a Master’s degree in related fields (international relations, international health, agriculture, economics, etc.);
· A minimum of three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Previous experience working for humanitarian organizations.
· Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills
· Proven experience in proposal writing and M&E (including data management).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should hand deliver their applications to our office on Plot 10 Lumumba Avenue Kampala, Tel 0757133932
Deadline: 18th November 2016 by 5:00 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline