Job Title: Principal Stakeholder Engagement Officer
Organisation: Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Communications
The Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) is a statutory body established in accordance with the Electricity Act, 1999 (Chapter 145, Laws of Uganda). The Act empowers ERA to regulate the Generation, Transmission, Sale, Export, Import-and Distribution of electrical energy in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Principal Stakeholder Engagement Officer will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and in particular:
· Ensure stakeholders are recognized as partners in the development and delivery of the Authority’s strategic goals.
· Developing and implementing stakeholder engagement strategies including informing, consulting and involving stakeholders where relevant and evaluation of the effectiveness of these strategies.
· Guiding management of issues and/or risks to stakeholder relationships as soon as they arise so that risks can be managed effectively.
· Ensuring Electricity Regulatory Authority Management and Staff understand the value of and are committed to the genuine participation of stakeholders in the development of products and services designed to meet stakeholder needs.
· Managing the effective delivery and ongoing implementation of stakeholder contact engagement system.
· Managing the measurement of stakeholder satisfaction and implementing strategies across the business to find solutions to the findings.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain valuable stakeholder relationships.
· Formulate and implement Electricity Regulatory Authority's stakeholder engagement strategies.
· Support Departments to effectively consult and engage stakeholders on relevant projects.
· Implement the Authority's stakeholder engagement guidelines.
· Manage stakeholder satisfaction research projects, including developing and implementing strategies for continually improving stakeholder satisfaction.
· Manage stakeholder forums, meetings and special events.
· The jobholder will coordinate stakeholder contact through implementation of the stakeholder contact management system.
· Provide content and updates for various Authority’s management reporting and environmental scanning processes.
· Develop and implement programs that will enhance/raise public awareness and understanding of Authority’s mandate.
· The incumbent will monitor and be up-to-date on public policy changes relevant to the work of the ERA and their implications for stakeholder engagement.
· Develop stakeholder communications materials, including presentations, documents, profiles, documentaries etc.
· Quickly respond to inquiries and queries from ERA’s stakeholders.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Manager, Communications.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) Principal Stakeholder Engagement Officer employment opportunity should hold an honours degree in Mass Communications, Social Work and Social Administration or Social Sciences (with a bias in Sociology).
· A Master’s degree in any of the above disciplines, Business Administration, or Public Administration.
· At least eight years working experience in a similar and related job.
· Possess prior corporate experience in stakeholder engagement and/or management
· Broad knowledge and understanding of consultation principles and tools and ability to apply these effectively.
· Previous exposure and experience in developing and maintaining stakeholder networks.
· Have highly developed influencing and relationship management skills.
· Have outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
· High level project management skills.
· Have ability to work closely with and lead teams.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Good leadership skills.
· Have high sense of maturity.
· The applicant must be emotionally stable.
· Age: Above 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters and enclose copies of: Detailed Curriculum Vitae (indicating daytime telephone number (s), fax or email address of the applicant and daytime telephone numbers, fax or email addresses of three Referees) and relevant transcripts and certificates. The applications should be delivered preferably by recorded delivery, addressed to:
The Manager, Human Resources & Administration,
Electricity Regulatory Authority,
Plot 15, Shimoni Road,
P. O. Box 10332, Kampala - Uganda
Deadline: 18th November, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline