Job Title: Principal Programmer - Share Point
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Systems Administrator, Division of Health Informatics (Ministry of Health) Senior Technical Advisor, PIP- UHSC
Job ID: 13-9272
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50,countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Principal Programmer-SharePoint is responsible for reviewing and optimizing the existing set-up of the SharePoint based Pharmaceutical Information Portal (PIP). S/he will work with the Principal Programmer - Business Intelligence (BI) on maintenance and expansion of the PIP (Pharmaceutical Information Portal) data warehouse and portal. The priorities and required functionality for expansion of the PIP will be determined in collaboration with the Assistant Commissioner Pharmacy Division, the Technical Advisor-PIP IT, and the PIP Data Use Coordinator. S/he applies state of the art Share Point Technologies to design, develop, modify, and maintain the PIP portal, manage site content and provide daily onsite maintenance of the portal. S/he will maintain, upgrade or replace the Supervision Performance Assessment Recognition Strategy Form application built in InfoPath. The Principal Programmer-SharePoint works closely with the Principal Programmer - Business Intelligence, the Technical Advisor-PIP IT, and the PIP Data Use Coordinator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop SharePoint software solutions by studying requirements analysis and information needs; confer with stakeholders and management; study systems flow, data usage, and work processes; perform software design using software development fundamentals and processes; debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
· Design, develop and maintain key components of the software suite using SharePoint Server 2013.
· Provide for the creation, modification and deletion of collections, sites, users, groups, document libraries, and My Sites in SharePoint.
· Provide for the implementation of templates, creation of custom templates, development of work flows and design or implementation of web parts or applications in SharePoint
· Implement SharePoint-based workflows as well as develop Business Intelligence dashboards.
· Manage SharePoint site by taking backups and restoring with SharePoint management shell.
· Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
· Research and recommend technology solutions appropriate to meeting SharePoint instantiations goals and needs.
· Actively participate in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment.
· Offer technical guidance to solve problems and recommend future courses of development for the SharePoint instantiations.
· Provide ongoing comprehensive central SharePoint administration including management of SharePoint permissions
· Provide continuing help desk support for the SharePoint site and associated applications
· Work closely with the Senior Systems Administrator in developing and executing project plans within assigned schedule and timeline.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Management Sciences for Health Principal Programmer - Share Point career opportunity should hold a Master’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or a related field, or a BSc plus MSc-equivalent working experience
· At least ten (10) years of experience with demonstrated skills in software development and maintenance (i.e., software requirements analysis, software design including object oriented analysis and design, coding, testing, documentation, configuration management, user training, deployment, and lifecycle maintenance). This includes working with users to define requirements, architecting an effective software solution, and designing Webpages and applications.
· Six years’ experience as a SharePoint Developer in the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of web-based applications based on SharePoint.
· MCSE SharePoint, MCSD SharePoint Applications certification
· MCDS Web Applications certification is an added advantage
· Knowledge of InfoPath is an added advantage
· Experience with SharePoint Designer, Visual Studio/VSTA and Power Shell.
· Previous experience of building and maintaining applications using object-oriented, distributed and service-oriented methodologies and architectures.
· Advanced knowledge/expertise in MS SharePoint 2013 development and administration.
· Strong programming background authoring well written, well documented, modular and clean code.
· Prior exposure and experience with SharePoint’s application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services.
· Previous experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, Report Builder, SQL Server Analysis Services, and/or SQL Server Integration Services is a plus.
· Keen attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables.
· Highly motivated, independent and self-sufficient. Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision.
· Well organized, a good communicator, able to effectively prioritize tasks, and manage projects from concept to production.
· Ability to write thorough and concise functional and design specifications as well as easily readable end user documentation.
· Must be well able to brainstorm with others, thrive in a collaborative team environment, multi task, and quickly adapt to change.
· Emphasizes personal and professional growth by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, and able to read and write in English.
· A wide degree of creativity and latitude required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline