Job Title: Public Relations Officer
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: MSC Head Office, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Communications
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Public Relations Officer will mainly be responsible for promotion and maintenance of a good corporate image of MSCL in the public domain, its clientele and partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and design PR interventions to bolster Company’s image;
· The incumbent will manage the dissemination of information and respond to media concern on Company’s activities in particular and microfinance sector in general;
· Coordinate production of communication material for the purpose of marketing the Company to its clientele;
· Coordinate and manage all Company’s public events;
· Organize and coordinate corporate social responsibility programs of the Company;
· Actively participate in Company’s stakeholders programs/activities;
· Manage the PR activities in the organization.
Key Result Areas;
· Well organized and maintained Office of the Executive Director
· Well-coordinated meetings, appointments, and manage all official correspondences for the smooth operations of the ED’s office and organization
· Developed and Manages budget of the ED’s office and other Logistics.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Public Relations Officer vacancy should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree (honours) in any of the following; Mass communication, public relations
· At least four (4) years’ relevant working experience in communication and public relations.
· Additional relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
· Good computer skills
· Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal relationship Skills.
· Ability to inspire, motivate and influence at all levels of partnerships.
· Ability to demonstrate assertive behavior, a creative, innovative and self-motivated person.
· Ability to demonstrate business acumen with the flexibility and creativity to achieve
· results, a person of Innovation and flexibility in PR
· Ability to generate new ideas, solutions and develop creative approaches.
· Ability to work cooperatively with others to be part of a team.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of certified academic certificates with at least 3 referees in properly sealed envelopes to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner. All applicants are required to fill a summary form upon submission of the application, Click Here.
The Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46, Windsor Crescent- off Acacia Avenue
P.O. Box 33711 KAMPALA
Deadline: 30th November 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline