Job Title: Policy Execution Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Programmes
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The Policy Execution Manager will be tasked with engaging in sector level policies, influencing interventions at the national level, identify areas where WaterAid Uganda (WAU) contributes strategically in terms of service delivery, capacity building and governance. The incumbent will also link national policies and internal practice of WAU. She / he will also be tasked with data collection, analysis and reporting on water, sanitation, hygiene promotion across the sector.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keenly review and respond to, policy and consultation documents from government bodies, and others, as appropriate.
· Actively participate, co-ordinate (as required) and implement national and local influencing dialogues, including public awareness-raising campaigns, on relevant policy issues.
· The incumbent will engage in reviewing policy and program documents and share reflections as required.
· Develop project concept notes and proposals for fund raising from different sources and support the fundraising team as required
· The incumbent will document and share experiences and practices to sector actors and none sector actors in order to scale up good practices and learn from practices
· Ensure the development of reliable data base that helps decision makers at different levels in order to improve the investment flow and sustainability of WASH facilities by providing accurate and reliable WASH sector data base
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid Policy Execution Manager job vacancy must hold a Bachelors of Social sciences or qualifications in Management, public policy, political science, social sciences, law or related field
· At least six years of relevant experience.
· Sound knowledge in policy matters of the country.
· Previous exposure and experience in policy research, planning, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and Programs
· Ability to work with a wide variety of actors, including policymakers, representatives of government, business and the non-governmental community.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and motivation letters to: WAUrecruitment@wateraid.org including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline