Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Pharmacy Services Coordinator
Mildmay Uganda is a faith- based local Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) offering Comprehensive HIV Care & treatment, Training, Research & General Medical Services; also providing Health Systems Strengthening to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services in 16 districts of Central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Pharmacy Technician will actively participate in the provision of professional pharmacy technical support on behalf of Mildmay in carrying out activities in the districts, rational dispensing of medicines to clients on-site and facilitating the pharmacist as required in good pharmacy practice
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Undertake pharmaceutical ordering and reporting, inventory management, drug dispensing and compounding of extemporaneous preparations so as to contribute to the provision of quality, safe and effective treatments in patient management.
· Build the capacity of Mildmay (Pharmacy Assistants) staff on-site and district health workers based on training needs so as to improve performance in pharmaceutical logistics services and supply chain management.
· Undertake efficient prescription data entry and preparation of periodic (monthly, quarterly and annual) reports and other relevant documentation and use data so as to inform rational decision making within the department, MUg and other external stakeholders
· Actively participate and support the functionality (working) of pharmacy teams to proficiently deliver an integrated and quality PCT health service for Mug clients and supported communities to improve their health outcomes
· Participate in MUg research in liaison with pharmacy and research teams as part of Mug strategic objective and promotion of evidenced practices in health field
· Significantly contribute to the organizational funding base through provision of commercial pharmaceutical services and ensure compliance with MUg financial guidelines in a manner that results in efficient usage of organisational resources and high standards of accountability
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Diploma in Pharmacy
· Valid registration with the Allied Health Professionals’ Council
· At least three years’ experience in Dispensing
· Previous experience in HIV/AIDS care and management
· Knowledge of the WHO and National ART, and TB guidelines
· The applicant must also be flexible, reliable, and in sympathy with the Christian values of Mildmay Uganda.
· Evidence of a non-judgemental approach regarding race, religion, culture, sexuality and lifestyle is critical.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their interest to The Human Resource Manager at Mildmay Uganda, Entebbe Road, Lweza, Kampala, Uganda at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating in the subject of the email, the position applied for or through P.O. Box 24985, Kampala. Certified copies of academic transcripts, a full CV indicating current salary and other benefits should be provided, and two professional referees (one of whom should be a former employer).
Deadline: 11th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline