Job Title: Operations Officer
Organisation: Straight Talk Foundation (STF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource & Administration Manager
Straight Talk Foundation is an indigenous health communications NGO operating nationally in Uganda through the provision of quality behaviour change programs. Straight Talk Foundation (STF) is a Ugandan health communication NGO registered in 1997. Straight Talk Foundation has existing opportunities available on three of its new projects that include;
· The Irish AID Bursary Program in Karamoja, that seeks to benefit bright but disadvantaged children.
· The Better Life for Girls, a UNFPA funded project to improve health and wellbeing of adolescents especially girls in the Karamoja sub-region.
· Prevention of AIDS in Communities of Karamoja (PACK), funded by the Irish AID.
Job Summary: The Operations Officer will contribute to the implementation of the Human Resource Management and Procurement & Logistics Policies by taking specific responsibility for initiation of the HR Management functions and make a follow up of the same to ensure availability of adequate skills mix and competencies required to deliver the STF’s strategy. In addition, the incumbent takes responsibility for HR administration and management of the Procurement and Logistics practices and policy through documentation, data entry and management in line with the STF’s strategy and objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Straight Talk Foundation Operations Officer vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Humanities or Business Administration. Post graduate training in Human Resource Management is an added advantage.
· At least three years of relevant working experience in HR or Administration, preferably with an NGO.
· Broad knowledge, understanding and proficiency in the field of Human Resources Management and Procurement & Logistics accompanied by the ability to work under minimum supervision.
· Broad understanding of national legal requirements relating to Procurement and HR, including labour laws of Uganda.
· Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
· Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
· Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
· Excellent time management and planning capacity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an updated CV, Cover letter and academic documents to:
The Manager Human Resource & Administration,
Straight Talk Foundation,
Plot 4 Acacia Avenue,
P.O. Box 22366, Kampala. Uganda
Or Send via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 11th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline