Job Title: Office Attendant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The Office Attendant will provide support to WaterAid staff members to ensure that their administrative needs are met whilst and that they do their jobs efficiently, effectively and as sustainably as possible. The incumbent will also ensure the office is always tidy, including library shelves, office storage and electric lighting and switch functionality. The incumbent will also be tasked with reporting any dysfunctional appliances to line manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Office Assistant will support the maintenance of office operations by, maintaining supplies and equipment, picking- up and delivering items, preparing meals accordingly.
· Responsible for the management of printers/photocopier/fax, fix basic paper jams, change toners and arrange engineers /maintenance
· In charge of writing and processing requisitions as and when requested
· Assisting in filing whenever called upon.
· Portraying appropriate corporate image
· Maintaining proper telephone etiquette
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid Office Attendant job opportunity must hold an Ordinary level certification
· At least four years’ experience in the role preferably in an NGO setting
· Computer literacy skills
· Working knowledge of written and oral English
· Previous experience in reception and PA tasks
· Ability to manage change, stress and conflicts well
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and motivation letters to: WAUrecruitment@wateraid.org including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline