Job Title: Driver – CEDAW
Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Kamuli, Uganda
Reports to: Administration Coordinator
Founded 75 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations (non-profit / INGOs) in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan's vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people's rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Job Summary: The Driver – CEDAW will contribute by driving Plan International Uganda vehicles in accordance with the transport policy and procedures in order to enhance mobility of staff for efficiency and effectiveness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Observe and adhere to the safety precautions before and during driving, taking into account prevailing weather and driving conditions to avoid accidents.
· Maintain punctuality, courtesy and adhere to traffic laws and regulations, and to Plan International Uganda policies and procedures.
· Record the place of destination before departure and complete the vehicle usage record to indicate vehicle movement.
· Carry out daily condition checks to ensure that the vehicle is in good running order with valid insurance policies.
· Identify and report all mechanical faults and any accidents immediately to the supervisor so that appropriate action is taken.
· Carry out monthly inspection of the assigned vehicle and inform the supervisor of any observation that needs attention.
· Keep the vehicle in a clean condition in order to uphold the image of Plan International Uganda and for the convenience of the users.
· Serve as the contact person for vehicle repairs and servicing and review invoices and services reports before they are submitted for payment.
· Deliver and collect mail and other documents to and from various offices, post office regularly and ensure its safety as and when requested.
· Train and test drivers and riders as may be requested, and submit recommendation to the supervisor.
Child Protection Policy Responsibilities (mandatory for all staff):
· Adhere to the Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct and reporting any CPP issues.
· Responsible for the implementation of the CPP standards as they apply to area of responsibility plus the development of actions to address identified gaps and monitoring their effectiveness.
· Ensure that all Plan International partners, visitors and associates in his/her area of responsibility are provided with, are made aware off and have signed and returned a copy of the child protection policy. Inform the partners, visitors and associates that they must comply with the policy in all contacts and communications with children during their visit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Plan International Driver – CEDAW job placement should hold an O’ level certificate of education
· Possess a valid driving licence for classes B, CM, DL & DM
· Certificate in Defensive Driving is an added advantage
· Certificate in Customer care is an added advantage
· At least three years’ driving experience in a reputable organisation
· Knowledge of simple Mechanical repairs
· Flexibility to work outside normal working hours
· Good team work and excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their letters of application, together with updated CVs, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history and send to:
Ag. Country Human Resources Manager,
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 6th December, 2016
NB: Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by 28th February 2017
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline