Job Title: National Gender Advocacy Team Volunteer
Organisation: Restless Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Restless Development is an international non-profit organization which is embarking on becoming the global banner carrier for youth-led development; demonstrating at the grassroots and policy levels that young people can and must play a lead role in development. Over the past five years, Restless Development has more than tripled the size of its budgets and programmes, and has been repeatedly cited as a model of best practice in youth-led development by the World Bank, DFID, UNICEF and others.
About GAAP Project:
Restless Development with funding from Plan International Uganda is implementing a gender and advocacy programme (the Girls Advocacy Alliance Project) in the districts of Kamuli, Buyende, Tororo, Bukedia, Lira and Alebtong. The focus of this project is to address economic exclusion for girls (10-19 years) and young women (20-24 years) to ensure that girls and young women have increased access to and engage in safe and gainful economic initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Restless Development National Gender Advocacy Team Volunteer job must be a Ugandan who holds a diploma from a recognized tertiary institution
· The applicant must be committed to promoting equal opportunities for women and girls
· Should express knowledge of or interest in research and advocacy
· Able to commit to the programme from November 2016 to June 2017
· Qualifying young women and male gender advocates are especially encouraged to apply
· Extensive knowledge and experience in policy analysis and research will be an added advantage
· Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
· The successful candidate will thrive in a multi-cultural environment as part of a rapidly growing and developing organisation and be personally committed to Restless Development’s mission and values.
· Age: 18 to 24 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application, form, download here and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 18th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline