Job Title: Chaplain
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Behavioural and Psychosocial Services Manager
Mildmay Uganda is a faith- based local Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) offering Comprehensive HIV Care & treatment, Training, Research & General Medical Services; also providing Health Systems Strengthening to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services in 16 districts of Central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Chaplain will be part of the team that provides pastoral/spiritual care services to Mildmay Uganda’s clients; their families, communities and staff so as to empower them cope with prevailing situations, appreciate their spirituality and live positively for improved quality of life. The incumbent will also participate in the creation of strong linkages and good collaboration with the local and religious communities and other stakeholders, so as to increase demand for Mildmay Uganda services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide pastoral care that equips and empowers MUg clients, their families, communities and staff to cope with prevailing situations, appreciate their spirituality and live positively for improved quality of life and better service delivery
· Actively contribute towards efficient and effective teamwork that delivers well coordinated pastoral/spiritual care services for improved health outcomes of the staff, clients and communities at MUg and the supported sites
· Ensure provision and maintenance of efficient pastoral/spiritual care services to the clients, their families, and staff guided by standard theological guidelines for improved spiritual and social wellbeing
· Effectively utilize and account for organizational funds so as to achieve departmental goals using the available resources
· Offer technical input in the competence building of religious leaders and health workers to deliver high quality pastoral/spiritual care services both at MUg and the supported sites for improved psychosocial well being
· Actively participate in the creation of strong linkages and good collaboration with the local and religious communities and other stakeholders, so as to increase demand for services and ensure appropriate referrals
· Actively participate in operational research in order to demonstrate MUg best practices and contribute to the National and International body of knowledge
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Diploma in Theology/Ministry
· Hold a Certificate in Counselling
· Knowledge in HIV/AIDS
· Working knowledge in palliative care
· Previous experience in working with different communities
· Pastoral skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good listening skills
· Good computer skills
· Writing skills
· Good mentorship and coaching skills
· Good presentation skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· Good managerial skills
· Good teaching skills
· Spiritual counselling skills
· Good advocacy skills
· The applicant must also be flexible, reliable, and in sympathy with the Christian values of Mildmay Uganda.
· Evidence of a non-judgemental approach regarding race, religion, culture, sexuality and lifestyle is critical.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their interest to The Human Resource Manager at Mildmay Uganda, Entebbe Road, Lweza, Kampala, Uganda at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating in the subject of the email, the position applied for or through P.O. Box 24985, Kampala. Certified copies of academic transcripts, a full CV indicating current salary and other benefits should be provided, and two professional referees (one of whom should be a former employer).
Deadline: 11th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline