Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Organization: Uganda Civil Society Immunization Platform (UCSIP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The GAVI Alliance initiated the GAVI Civil Society Strengthening Project to establish a Uganda Civil Society Immunization Platform (UCSIP), which is coordinated by MACIS, that brings on board Civil Society Organizations of different types including community based organizations (CBOs), faith‐based organizations (FBOs), non‐governmental organizations (NGOs), professional associations, academic and research institutions and organizations representing key affected population groups which are committed to working with governments and Alliance partners to achieve the GAVI strategic goals.
Job Summary: The UCSIP Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer will lead the project’s monitoring and evaluation agenda. The incumbent will work in collaboration with the UCSIP Coordinator, UCSIP Steering Committee, and the CRS Uganda Gavi Program Manager to ensure high quality data collection and use and meaningful project-related research and documentation. The M&E Officer will be responsible for supporting the development and roll-out of high quality monitoring and evaluation systems and tools at project and platform levels. He / she will also be strengthening members’ M&E capacity Supporting documentation
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation:
· Work closely with CRS to design a high quality M&E system for the project that complies with donor and CRS requirements
· Track program implementation against the M&E system
· Ensure standard implementation of M&E system, including consistent administration of primary source documents and forms, reporting forms, and project databases
· Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of the M&E system implementation
Research and Learning:
· Prepare and lead learning activities to ensure promising practices, lessons learned, and recommendations are identified, documented, disseminated, and used to improve program quality
· Support knowledge transfer amongst stakeholders, including quarterly newsletters, brochures, etc.
· Document lessons learnt from ongoing project implementation, case studies and undertake research activities as appropriate to ensure project achievements are well captured and disseminated
· Work closely with the UCSIP Steering Committee, and the UCSIP Coordinator to produce high-quality required and ad hoc reports according to reporting schedule
· Report project data through the M&E System to necessary stakeholders
· Carry out routine data quality checks to ensure data validity and accuracy.
Capacity Building: Assess members’ M&E capacity and develop and implement plans to increase their M&E capacity in line with gaps
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, or related field; a Master’s degree would be an added advantage
· At least five years of relevant professional experience in project-level M&E
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of the principles and current approaches to project monitoring and evaluation
· Excellent analytic al nd computer skills, including MS Office Suite Skills in developing project M&E databases
· Professional proficiency in written and oral English required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter, updated CV and three work references (names and contact information only) to email@example.com
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline