Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Promoting Equality in African Schools (PEAS UK)
Reports to: Regional Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Promoting Equality in African Schools (PEAS UK) is a UK-based charity with a mission ‘to unlock the potential of Africa by expanding access to affordable quality secondary education.’ We run the fastest growing network of sustainably financed secondary schools in Africa. We currently have a network of 24 schools across Uganda and Zambia, educating around 13,000 students. PEAS is supported by major corporate, government and private funders and our innovative financial model is pioneering in the field of public private partnerships in development education.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will lead the implementation of the M&E system across the PEAS so that monitoring and evaluation ensures that PEAS contributes to unlocking children’s potential by facilitating continuous organizational learning, providing credible evidence and improving program effectiveness. The incumbent will lead the implementation of M&E activities and work hand in hand with school leaders.
Key Performance Areas:
· M&E Process Implementation
· M&E Tool development and up-keep
· Reporting and communication
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Development studies, Social Sciences or related field
· Additional training /background and professional training in Monitoring and Evaluation
· A minimum of three years of practical experience in monitoring development work preferably focused on Education projects and the NGO sector
· Knowledge of environment and current effective practice on monitoring and evaluation
· Previous experience in data analysis
· Knowledge of SPSS or any other statistical software
· Strong knowledge of planning and implementing program monitoring and evaluation methodologies and frameworks
· Excellent analytical skills for quantitative and qualitative data
· Excellent written and presentation skills in English, particularly related to presenting findings and writing M&E reports
· Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
How to Apply:
All candidates must send their applications (paying particular attention to the person specification) and curriculum vita to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Plot 2881, Block 216, Ntinda Kisaasi,
Mumbejja Road opposite Ndere Centre.
P. O. Box 23308, Kampala, Uganda.
OR Send your Application and CV only to: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include all portions of your application in one attached document as a PDF document, and use Monitoring and Evaluation Officer as the subject of your email.
Deadline: 28th November 2016 by 5.00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline