Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Organisation: Brick by Brick-Uganda
Duty Station: Masaka, Uganda
Reports to: Brick by Brick- Uganda Program Director
Brick by Brick -Uganda is a growing and innovative bi-national organization that has been operating in Rakai District since 2003. Our main office is in Masaka Town. Our Mission is to create partnerships that improve education, health and economic opportunity in the communities we serve. We have been working with rural communities; rebuilding crumbling Universal Primary Education schools, identifying critical needs in water, sanitation and health delivery and developing a cooperative work plan addressing these problems.
About My Pads Program:
Brick by Brick-Uganda is implementing the two-year My Pads Program grant funded by U.S. State Department which aims at empowering young adolescents with reproductive health knowledge and life skills while addressing gaps in access to menstrual hygiene products. Brick by Brick aims to expand the My Pads Program to 16 secondary schools in the Rakai District, serving 2400 students.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be tasked with the development of a monitoring and evaluation Framework for Brick by Brick – Uganda programs and provide timely and relevant information to Brick by Brick – Uganda stakeholders in line with Brick by Brick – Uganda strategic objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work closely with key personnel and manage M&E staff and ensure the strategic and functional integration of all M&E activities as well as active collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts.
· Coordinate all M&E activities, provide technical direction and support and ensure staff work towards generating results for respective programs.
· Develop and implement M&E policy, tools, systems and procedures to improve ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability
· Develop and support the design and implementation of baseline, midterm and end of project evaluations, surveys and other components of the M&E system.
· Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
· Provide strategic high level feedback, analysis and interpretation during and throughout proposal development process, support development and review of Results Frameworks, M&E Plans and other M&E documents and procedures.
· Develop program targets, ensure the consistency of tools and indicators across all programs as appropriate, maintain a database of key program indicators, support program staff to incorporate participatory methods into community level M&E systems and tools.
· Work closely with senior management to identify and pursue strategic opportunities for program development
· Identify capacity gaps and work with the Program Director to build the capacity of BbB – Uganda M&E program staff and partners to ensure smooth implementation program activities.
· Prepare documents for internal and external auditing of programs
· Actively participate and lead in the compilation and production of reports of respective programs in line with donor and partner reporting requirements.
· Establish mechanism, forum and standard procedures for communication and dissemination of compiled reports to respective stakeholders including staff of BbB – Uganda and partner organizations.
· Document and constantly update best practices, success stories, and lessons learned throughout programs life.
Learning and Sharing:
· Actively promote a learning culture within BbB – Uganda, lead the process of sharing lessons learned from M&E process with staff.
· Organize learning events and workshops for BbB – Uganda staff and partners to document lessons learned, good practices and areas of improvement;
· Support lessons learned, best practices, program data, evaluations, and other information to generate donor communication pieces, proposal annexes, success stories, case studies, and other high-quality, results-based documentation
· Support learning-to-action events and reflection sessions to systematically analyze data for programmatic use, and to document and incorporate lessons learned into program design and implementation
· Ensure that M&E and program teams regularly review and accordingly adjust M&E plans and tools in light of changes and needs in the field context based on monitoring data and reflection sessions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Biostatistics or Statistics is a must, a Masters degree in Public Health or post graduate in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage.
· A minimum of three to five years’ experience with M&E systems of PEPFAR, DFID and USAID funded health projects
· Ability to produce high quality reports.
· Previous exposure and experience in qualitative research is a plus. Ability to design M&E tools, surveys and surveillance systems.
· Proven ability to train and build capacity of others.
· Strong leadership and interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required. Must be fluent both in spoken and written Luganda and English.
· Work experience in Uganda, especially working in up-country stations preferred.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications via email to Jacqueline Kalembe, firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated CV, cover letter, certified copies of academic certificates with their receipts and details of three contactable referees.
Deadline: 7th November 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline