Job Title: MLE Officer
Organization: Heifer International
Project Name: The East Africa Youth Inclusion Program (EAYIP)
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: EAYIP Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MLE) Manager
Heifer International, an international not-for-profit organization founded in 1944 in the United States of America, works with resource constrained families in 125 countries worldwide to develop innovative solutions to the underlying causes of hunger, poverty and environmental degradation.
About EAYIP Program:
The East Africa Youth Inclusion Program (EAYIP) is a five-year program designed to motivate and engage more youth in the agricultural sector and present them with a pathway to improve their livelihoods. The program is implemented in various districts of Uganda and Tanzania.
Job Summary: The MLE Officer – Wakiso will provide MLE technical support to function across the Country program and, as such, work in close collaboration with respective EAYIP consortium partners and their M&E leads with the view to support the country program on MLE function. To this end, the incumbent will provide technical assistance; advice and training on key aspects of MLE to shape the overall EAYIP’s country framework and ensure that key outcomes are properly monitored/tracked, documented. The jobholder will also work with the team to build capacity on the use of data and indicators; analyze monthly data, and support training in quality assurance methods. The Officer will lead the process working with partners in strengthening the partners Information System, prepare periodic reports and promote programmatic learning.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Heifer International MLE Officer vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Economics, Statistics, Social Research, or an equivalent with an academic focus on monitoring and evaluation
· A minimum of five (5) years of direct relevant experience in MLE management of large scale projects;
· Previous experience in: social research, staff capacity building, developing MLE plans, quantitative and qualitative data management process, etc.
· Skills and experience in preparing and presenting documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail, demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically,
· Willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions, proven team leadership abilities, knowledge of enterprise development and linkages to poverty alleviation.
· Willingness and ability to travel extensively throughout Uganda and other EAYIP project sites
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send copies of certificates, cover letters with updated C.Vs indicating two professional referees to: The Country Director- Heifer International Uganda on P.O. Box 28491 Kampala either by hand delivery (9am-3pm) to Plot 6 Clement Hill Road, Nakasero OR via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 26th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline