Job Title: Micro-Insurance Officer
Organization: CIC Africa Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
CIC Insurance Group is the leading Co-operative Insurer in Africa, providing insurance and related financial services in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi. The Group offers a wide range of products including General Insurance, Life Assurance, Medical Insurance and Asset Management Services. It is a pioneer and leader in Micro-insurance. The Group’s focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery has differentiated it in the market and earned it International recognition.
Job Summary: The Micro-Insurance Officer will generate revenue for the department and company within the assigned markets or channels. The jobholder will build and manage strong relationships and partnerships within the assigned markets or channels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Building and developing strong strategic partnerships/relationships within assigned market and channels;
· Sourcing of business (new & renewal) and servicing existing clients;
· Plan and carry out consumer education within the assigned markets and channels;
· The jobholder will also design and develop need based products for the assigned market;
· Timely collection of premiums;
· Work closely with support functions to follow up on client queries and complaints.
· Conduct market activations and storms in strategic locations with respective sales teams through visits or other means;
· Prepare market intelligence reports on products and services.
· Constantly updating clients on new and existing products;
· Liaising with the various departments to ensure timely service delivery to the clients;
· Develop prompt quotation and tender documents preparation and delivery to clients/ intermediaries;
· Ensure compliance to the credit control policy through debt collection
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the CIC Africa Uganda Micro-Insurance Officer should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Professional Qualifications: COP, ACII or ANZIIF
· At least three (3) years’ relevant experience in a similar position.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Good problem solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent customer care skills
· Good leadership skills
· Good negotiation skills
· Computer literacy skills with proficiency in MS Office and other office applications
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the working environment /competitors
· Basic knowledge of regulations by IRA
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are strictly encouraged to send an updated resume to the address below indicating the job title in the subject of your email. For example: Ref: Application for Micro-Insurance Officer to: Sandra.email@example.com
Deadline: 21st November 2016
NB: Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 30th November, 2016 consider your application unsuccessful.