Organisation: National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA)
Project Name: MasterCard Foundation Youth Empowerment Through Agriculture (YETA).
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps businesses thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect business enterprises, highlighting the impact that economic development has in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 17 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
About MasterCard Foundation YETA Project:
NCBA CLUSA Uganda has received funding from MasterCard Foundation to reach young people in Northern and Mid - Western Uganda in the ages of 15-24 and support them to establish sustainable commercial enterprises. The project name is Youth Empowerment Through Agriculture (YETA).
Job Summary: The Communications Specialist/ Regional Advisory Committee (RAC) Coordinator will be providing specialized technical support to project activities as and when need arises. The Communications Specialist for the YETA project will ensure that all communications interventions, branding and marketing strategies and public relations of the project are well executed. The incumbent will take a lead role in ensuring visibility and good publicity of the YETA project, implementing partners, and The MasterCard Foundation. As Regional Advisory Committee (RAC) Coordinator, this person, under the direction of the Chief of Party, coordinates and ensures effective and timely involvement of relevant stakeholders, information sharing, networking and implementation of program activities at district and community levels. The RAC is an inclusive, flexible and non- bureaucratic committee that has been put in place for the Youth Empowerment through Agriculture (Y.E.T.A.) project stakeholders to regularly meet, interact, share information and experiences, and learn from each other to enhance efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of implementation of the Y.E.T.A project. Through this committee, the participating districts will be able to integrate and implement program activities in their policies, programs and work plans. Awareness about Y.E.T.A and The MasterCard Foundation will be created and enhanced. The RAC will also enhance, ensure and entrench good relations with local government counterparts, Youth Working Groups, private sector institutions, NGOs and the communities among others.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Policy or related fields. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
· At least eight years’ experience in communications or public relations working with donor and/or non-governmental organizations in communication, branding, and publicity.
· At least five years’ experience with donor, government and/or non-governmental development programs in agriculture and youth development work.
· Previous experience in managing successful communications consultancies.
· Previous experience working on USAID or other donor- funded programs in which branding and marketing requirements must be adhered to.
· Good networking, communication and public speaking skills are essential for the position.
· Proven ability to develop strong and positive working relationship with media houses.
· Conversant with social media platforms such as Facebook, twitter, etc.
· Ability to travel frequently and for long durations.
· Writing samples or portfolio of work will be requested as part of this application.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs with three traceable referees including immediate supervisors which should be sent to the YETA Chief of Party, NCBA CLUSA Uganda to email@example.com, with the position title ““Communications Specialist/RAC Coordinator.” The applications can also be hand delivered to our head office on Plot 19, Binayomba Road, Bugolobi, Kampala.
NB: Please provide daytime contact telephone number. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 4th November 2016 by 5:00PM