Job Title: Manager, IT Infrastructure and Security
Organisation: National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager Information Technology
National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) a leading organisation in the Water sector in Uganda with a Vision “To be a leading Water Utility in the World.” NWSC is a utility parastatal 100% owned by The Government of Uganda. It was established in 1972 under decree No: 34. The mandate of the Corporation as defined in the National Water & Sewerage Corporation Statute of 1995, Section 5 (1), is to operate and provide water and sewerage services in areas entrusted to it, on a sound, commercial and viable basis. The NWSC operations were initially in three towns of Kampala, Jinja, and Entebbe.
Job Summary: The Manager, IT Infrastructure and Security will manage a team of technology professionals tasked with supporting and maintaining Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Storage Area Network, Servers and all the LAN peripherals and the entire IT Security of the Corporation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of the development, planning, implementation, and administration of the strategies and policies for the Information Technology Infrastructure services.
· Establish standards and support methodologies, which ensure quality of execution across the enterprise, and ensure integrity of processes.
· Coordinate, direct and design IT-related support activities within the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities and grow highly skilled technical teams.
· Develop and maintain service levels and performance metrics
· Ensure development of specification for ICT infrastructure, Budget, coordinate and supervise the procurement of ICT systems in line with the current trends and technology of the ICT systems.
· Take lead of the team to support, design and develop the corporate ICT Infrastructure. Establish priorities related to projects and assure support of the business by administering existing systems and networks.
· Work closely with other members of management in order to attain the company's technical goals and strategies. Develop and retain top talent, define and execute effective individual and team performance goals and handle other corresponding human resource issues.
· Ensure maintenance, repair and monitoring of the ICT systems
· Ensure acquisition, improvement, and effective configurations of ICT Systems
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Manager, IT Infrastructure and Security job placement must hold a Master’s Degree of Information Technology. Master of Business Administration is desired
· Bachelor of Science (Computer Science)
· Preferred Additional Professional Qualifications:
· Cisco Certified Network Professional(CCNP)/Cisco Certified Internet-Work Expert (CCIE)
· Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
· Certified Information Security Auditor(CISA) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
· At least eight years’ experience in an IT Infrastructure of a busy organization overseeing Wide Area Network of at least 49 sites.
· Ability to provide timely delivery solutions within agreed specifications and deadlines
· Able to effectively document all changes to the network configurations.
· Ability to provide end user satisfaction
· Ability to provide effective and timely resolution of problems within the network
· Respect of multi-nation diversity
· Effective team player and ability to work under pressure.
· Age: 30 - 45 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send in their applications (hard copies) addressed to the Senior Manager Human Resources, National Water and Sewerage Corporation, Plot 39 Jinja Rd, P.O. Box 7053, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 18th November, 2016 by 5pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline