Job Title: Manager, Credit and Operations
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: MSC Head Office, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head, Credit & Operations
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Manager, Credit and Operations will assist the Head, Credit & Operations to ensure that the credit function operates efficiently. The incumbent will support the zones in ensuring that operations run efficiently.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keenly analyse the performance of the loan portfolio and provide remedial action where necessary
· Regularly review institutional appraisal reports for funding
· Reconcile loan portfolio reports and compile periodic reports
· The incumbent will ensure that work plans are processed in time
· Carry out periodic supervision visits to ensure that credit policies and procedures are being adhered to
· Ensure that all audit exceptions are attended to in a timely manner
· Guide the HC&O on the performance of the Zones
· Ensure qualitative and quantitative growth of the business.
Key Result Areas:
· Comprehensive work plans for field offices
· Timely approvals and loan disbursements
· Monthly Reporting
· Proper implementation of credit policies & Guidelines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the MSC Manager, Credit and Operations should also hold a bachelor’s degree in, Microfinance, Accounting, Business Administration, Statistics, Economics or any other related discipline from a recognized university.
· Possession of a master’s degree in Business Administration or any other related field is a must.
· A minimum of eight (08) years working experience in a financial services sector, three of which should have been at senior level.
· Highly specialised training and demonstrable expert knowledge and achievement may be considered in lieu of some years of experience.
· Good computer skills.
· Ability to demonstrate excellent managerial skills.
· Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of Microfinance / financial institution management.
· Ability to demonstrate analytical skills, clear decision making ability, highest standards of integrity.
· Demonstrated ability to demonstrable objectivity and impartiality, accepts responsibility and accountability and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
· Ability to collaborate with different stakeholders.
· Ability to initiate and manage change.
· Ability to influence others.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of certified academic certificates with at least 3 referees in properly sealed envelopes to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner. All applicants are required to fill a summary form upon submission of the application, Click Here.
The Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46, Windsor Crescent- off Acacia Avenue
P.O. Box 33711 KAMPALA
Deadline: 30th November 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline