Job Title: M&E and Research Coordinator
Organisation: Nurture Africa (NA)
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Programs Manager
Salary Range: UGX 1,500,000 to 1,800,000
Nurture Africa (NA) is a Non-Governmental Organisation operating in Wakiso, Hoima, Arua and Mubende Districts. NA is committed to contribute towards the health and development of the most vulnerable children in its areas of operation through high quality education, health care, Children’s rights and Sustainable livelihood programs enabling them to become positive influences in Ugandan society. Its primarily targets HIV infected and affected orphans and vulnerable children and works with their families holistically to enable sustainable change to occur.
Job Summary: The M&E and Research Coordinator will guide and ensure that the program activities are effectively planned, monitored and evaluated whilst tracking project progress towards achievement of its objectives, developing data collection instruments and sampling strategies, on site research and data collection and writing/editing of reports, report writing, field visits, training of trainers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer leadership and hold the primary day-to-day responsibility for coordination of Nurture Africa’s monitoring and evaluation processes
· Work in liaison with the Programs Manager, to continue to develop NA M&E procedures, tools and databases, ensuring that M&E systems produce excellent outcomes in terms of the different requirements of the diverse stakeholders who need M&E data
· Act as first point of contact for M&E data and M&E procedure queries within Nurture Africa.
· Take part in conducting research and its process such as data compilation, data quality review, and analysis of all field data;
· Manage innovations, data collection for special projects, and reports for funders
· Develop databases, data tools and documentation for the various clinical and community projects according to the Annual Work plan and Monitoring and Evaluation plan
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Nurture Africa (NA) M&E and Research Coordinator should hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with postgraduate training in M&E
· At least four years’ experience in monitoring and evaluating work
· Proven analytical and research skills applicable in development and evaluation contexts.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation practice in development contexts
· Working knowledge of/experience with STATA, SPSS, or SAS preferred.
· Proven experience in managing staff members.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications addressed to: The Human Resource and Admin Manager, Nurture Africa, P.O. Box 33180, Kampala with via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivery to Nurture Africa Offices (Former A-Z Children’s Charity) 6miles along Hoima Road Branch off at Nansana Town Council Offices, about ½ kilometer from the main road.
Deadline: 19th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline