Job Title: Logistics Officer -TVET Projects
Organisation: Belgian Development Agency (BTC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Belgian Development Agency, BTC, mobilises its resources and its expertise to eliminate poverty in the world. BTC contributes to the efforts of the international community and works towards a society that provides present and future generations with sufficient resources to build a sustainable and fair world. BTC currently supports more than 200 cooperation projects and programmes in 18 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. In the future, BTC’s efforts will focus on 14 partner countries as a result of a decision made by the Minister of Development Cooperation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Overall planning of the project activities related to delivery of furniture and equipment by suppliers and co-ordinating delivery of furniture to the beneficiaries, projects and consultants;
· In charge of controlling quality, time and costs of all project activities related supplies;
· Responsible for reviewing and recommending for approval all certificates related to supplies of furniture and equipment;
· Ensuring timely participation, involvement and decision making by the various stakeholders;
· Keeping complete administration (both hard and soft copies) of all project activities related to the supplies;
· Offer technical support in the procurements done by the project, for services, supplies and works;
· Execute administrative tasks necessary for the procurement by the project, both related to the Ugandan procurement procedures and the Belgian procurement procedures;
· Plan the vehicle fleet of the project (vehicles and motors with their drivers);
· Control car documents, tracking system, fuel consumption, maintenance and reparations
· Purchase investments, stationeries and services with respect to the correct procurement rules and objective of efficiency (value-for-money);
· Establish all administrative documents (evaluation reports, etc) related to purchases;
· Keep a register of all purchases (stock), investments (inventory) and contracted services;
· Establish a database with prices for small material, suppliers and hotels in the working areas;
· Ensure that all assets are correctly insured and correct use of material;
· Perform tasks such as booking of venues for trainings, arranging transport for consultants;
· Contributing to the financial and activity reporting.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics Management, Procurement, Business Administration;
· A minimum of five years’ experience in logistics, preferably in a position that covers administration as well as practical technical logistics (car maintenance, stock keeping...);
· Proven experience in hands-on logistics management, including planning, follow-up, contracting and administration preferable in an international organisation or NGO;
· Proven experience in working with public tendering procedures;
· Mature, good communicator and team-player, ability to work with integrity and
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook...)
· Able to work under stressful conditions and undertaking field missions.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Belgian Development Agency (BTC) in this capacity are encouraged to apply online by sending your application letter and resume, plus copies of academic and professional qualification certificates as well as at least three recent professional references to the Resident Representative, BTC, P.O. Box 40131, Kampala-Uganda, or hand deliver to: Lower Kololo Terrace, Plot 1B.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline