Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Organization: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an International Humanitarian NGO. For over thirty years, ACF has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in the Lango, Acholi, West Nile and Karamoja regions in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for providing overall leadership and coordination to the mission logistic department both on strategic and operational level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Actively contribute to the definition of mission strategy
· Formulating a logistics strategy for the mission
· Anticipate and flag up logistics-related risks ensuring that the quality of the logistics service provided throughout the mission is of high standard
· Offer timely support in the implementation of Human resource functions of the mission and Logistics team at Field bases
· Forecast of HR logistic needs in collaboration with the HR coordinator and Finance department for staff financial plan
· Collaborate with headquarters in the management of international transport
· Actively promote and ensure collaboration and coordination in logistics with the missions partners
· Take part in the process of selecting partners and validating the risk analysis in logistical matters submitted by the bases
· In charge of the oversight of the security (as delegated by and under Country Director)
· Collect information at mission level and with various external stakeholder, conduct formal security assessment and audit in all field location to generate in collaboration with the Country Director regular and comprehensive update of the mission security analysis.
· Prevent and manage fraud and corruption
· Keenly review and monitor individual action plans for staff teams reporting him
· Reporting and Analysis: Review, analyse and share with the Country Director and HQ logistic advisor the compiled and consolidated mission logistic report including all annexes as defined in collaboration with Country Director and HQ Logistic Advisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Action Against Hunger ACF Logistics Coordinator job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Logistics, Business, Engineering or other related field
· Possession of an advanced University degree (Masters) preferably in Logistics, Humanitarian Studies or similar field.
· Previous experience with ACF preferred and will be an added advantage
· Previous humanitarian field experience, preferably as a member of a country management team
· Evidence of practical experience in logistics management and coordination within the field of supply chain management (procurement, tendering, contracting, clearance, transport, warehousing, etc.), fleet/ transport management and asset management, distribution support. .
· Good general knowledge in IT, mechanics and engineering, radio and satellite.
· Significant exposure and experience of the management of budgets and the ability to prepare timely, complete and accurate reports.
· Advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (ECHO, UNICEF, USAID, CIDA etc.)
· Evidence of the ability to plan for, and conduct training in all areas of logistics for national and international staff (suitable to staff knowledge level).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications including a cover letter, CV (not more than 4 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not be larger than 2MBs. All documents should be zipped in one folder. Any email larger than 2MBS will not be considered. Address your email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Logistics Coordinator” in the subject line.
Deadline: 11th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline