Job Title: Logistics Clerk
Organisation: AAR Corp
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
About AAR Corp:
AAR Corp. is an aviation support company. Founded in 1951, AAR provides a broad range of products and services to the aerospace and government/defense industries, with a nearly even split between them. Engineering and manufacturing products account for approximately a third of AAR’s business and aftermarket support services the remaining two-thirds.
Job Summary: The Logistics Clerk will support the Logistics Leads / Managers with daily activities required to support AAR’s aircraft fleet / personnel and the customer. This is a rotational position based on the needs of the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain clean and organized inventory storage areas, other storage facilities, work space, offices and surroundings.
· Store, tag, identify and provide the necessary environmental and physical protection for all of the company's inventory.
· Segregate serviceable and unserviceable parts per company policies and acquire necessary paperwork to store or ship.
· Perform/document monthly inspections by verifying part number, serial number, certifications and company documents.
· Perform duties at worldwide operating sites according to company logistics needs at any given time.
· Retain and file Purchase Orders, base transfers, Air Way Bills, Non-Manifested Cargo and parts traceability forms.
· Provide proper storage, shipment and locate Material Safety Data Sheets for all hazardous items stored and shipped.
· Create logs, monitor sign-in/out, and send for calibration or repair any company tools or equipment.
· Arrange shipping of materials worldwide to include Hazardous Materials on commercial, military & company aircraft.
· The incumbent will verify shipping documentation and accurately receive, tag, prepare and process for inspection all incoming materials using Trax, WinAir or other inventory software.
· Participate as needed in the Quality and Safety Audit program and brief auditors as needed on work responsibilities.
· Issue all parts, using a pick ticket, to maintenance personnel and update computerized inventory records immediately.
· Issue company tools using the sign-in/out logs and ensure that all tooling is verified and returned at the end of each shift.
· Accountable for inventory to seal, track and sign-in/out weapons/ammo, ITAR plates and all other Aviation Survival Gear.
· Use forklift to load/unload aircraft to include fixed wing, rotary wing and trucks.
· Operate a 20-foot manual transmission cargo truck.
· Monitor aircraft arrival and departures using flight trackers.
· Use basic carpentry skills to build and tear down crates for the arriving and departing shipments.
· Clearly communicate with customers and all AAR employees for parts distribution, expedite AOG, etc.
· Segregate serviceable parts and unserviceable parts per company policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Logistics Clerk vacancy must hold a High School diploma or GED. Associates degree from an accredited university or college is desired .
· At least five (5) years of previous supply/logistics experience.
· A minimum of two (2) years experience with 6K-10K Forklift Operator.
· One year of experience using computers in a business environment.
· Ability to apply acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete tasks of moderate scope and complexity.
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
· High attention to detail; ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
· Exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action.
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
· Experience with Win Air/Trax software.
· Aviation supply experience and/or military experience.
· Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
· Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
· Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
· Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
· Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
· Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
· Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
· Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
· Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
· Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
NB: This position requires a U.S. Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
If you desire to join the aviation industry in the aforementioned capacity, please visit the web link below to review requirements and Apply If deemed necessary.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline