Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Organisation: Samaritan’s Purse
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator, Logistics
Samaritan’s Purse is an international Christian relief and development organization meeting the critical needs of victims of war, poverty, natural disaster, famine and disease with the aim of sharing God’s love.
Job Summary: The Logistics Assistant will support Samaritan’s Purse’ s Refugee Food Assistance Project (RFOOD) to coordinate Secondary Transport in Nakivale, Oruchinga, Rwamwanja, Kyaka II, Kyangwali & Kiryandongo. The incumbent will ensure that trucks are available and sufficiently allocated. The jobholder will carry out transporter performance appraisals on cycle basis and make follow ups on processing and clearance of invoices for different transporters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keenly review and advise where necessary on distribution schedules submitted from different Settlements in consultation with operations coordinators.
· Periodically communicate (in writing) to the transporter the number of trucks, the duration they are required and capacities need in each settlement and ensure that the trucks are available a day before GFD.
· Ensure timely loading at EDPs.
· Ensure timely unloading at FDPs.
· Build relationships with transporters, distribution staff and resolve operational problems.
· Keenly review invoices submitted by transporters and submit it to supervisors for approval and ensure the invoices have adequate supporting document.
· Maintain files of invoices and records of food transported to FDPs and other areas and periodically reconcile with EDP store and distribution records.
· Compile transporter performance reports at the end of the cycle (how much food is transported and where) and submit to management for review.
· Respond to transport related issues from the field team and give appropriate solutions
· Compile and submit Intermediate reports to management on non-compliance and report any observations relating to the daily operations of transport service providers.
· Carry out driving license and qualification checks for the transporter’s drivers.
· Brief the transporter on the terms and condition as pertains secondary transport and commodity transportation.
· Ensure that the fleet complies with all the legal & regulatory requirements governing the use of motor vehicles.
· Develop list of transporters for future cooperation and agreement
· Regularly monitor and ensure that all Transport service providers submit their invoices in time and follow up to ensure that they are processed and cleared within the contractual period
· Document all losses caused by the transporters and follow up to ensure that deductions are made from the transporters invoice.
· Rigorously follow up on the requests from WFP on transfers of commodities from one EDP to another to ensure that the commodities are transferred and received in good condition.
· Ensures that files and documentation related to assigned duties are maintained and availed to the immediate supervisor and management whenever required.
· Properly understand the agreement and ensure its adherence by the driver and SP staff
· Demonstrate good Christian character to staff, drivers, government officers and employee of other stakeholders.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by your immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Transport and Fleet Management, Logistics and/ or any other related Degree from a recognized Institution.
· At least three years’ experience in Fleet Management & Coordination in a big organization.
· The applicant should be dynamic, personable and a team player to fill the position of Logistics Assistant.
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Ms Excel, Ms Word, Ms Database and Outlook
· Excellent organisational skills
· Good report writing skills
· Excellent communication skills.
· Willingness to travel extensively and spend some nights in the field.
· All applicants must be strong Christians and agree with and uphold the values and objectives of the organization to be considered for these positions.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV, covering letter and relevant documentation via email to HR: Ugandahr@samaritan.org or hand deliver to Samaritan’s Purse offices, Plot 11 Luthuli drive, Bugolobi. Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 4th November, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline