Job Title: Legal Officer - Board Administrator
Organization: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Legal Manager Advisory and Board Affairs
Housing Finance Bank was incorporated as a private company under the Companies Act in December 1967, the Bank has become a household name and has grown in leaps and bounds with a good track record among the pioneers of a mortgage lending. National Housing & Construction Corporation, a parastatal involved in real estate business has 5% shareholding and National Social Security Fund (NSSF) holds 50% and the Government of Uganda holds 45%. Today, the bank looks back with pride on the business accomplished in the mortgage lending business. Through innovation and placing emphasis on Honesty, Integrity, Efficiency and Customer care, Housing Finance Bank is the leader in the mortgage, holding a 90% market share.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer - Board Administrator will provide support for Secretarial and Administration services to the Board as well as Legal Advisory support services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will prepare and maintain a schedule of Board, Committee meetings and maintain a diary of meetings in line with the annual board work plan.
· Prepare and submit all communications (correspondence, agenda, notices, schedules of information) for Board, Committee meetings in line with agreed timelines.
· Assemble information from a variety of sources to facilitate the preparation of Board memoranda.
· Keep custody of all Board papers, documents and minutes.
· Implement mechanisms for preparation, maintenance of attendance registers and prepare allowances for the Board in line with the Banks policies and procedures.
· The incumbent will arrange for Board Appraisals/Evaluations, induction, training and development of Directors on the Business of the Bank.
· Make travel arrangements, bookings and prepare itineraries and obtain travel documents for Board members.
· Coordinate and participate in the preparation of the Board Affairs Section budget for review by the Company Secretary.
· Prepare the draft Annual Board Work plan and organize Board/Shareholder meetings and activities.
· Maintain and update statutory registers, Board records and file Board related regulatory returns and resolutions with the relevant stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor of Laws (LLB-Hons.) from a recognised University and a diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre. A Chartered Secretary qualification (ICSA) is an added advantage.
· At least three years’ experience in a financial institution or large commercial organisation.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Good Computer Skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word Processing)
· Impeccable level of integrity and confidentiality
· Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
· Excellent analytical skills- ability to comprehend board papers
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Banking sector are invited to send their applications including an updated CV, certified copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, and email address of both applicant, and three competent referees addressed to:
Head Human Resources, Housing Finance Bank, Plot 4 Wampewo Avenue; P. O. Box 1539, Kampala. Uganda.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted. All applicants who will not have heard from us within two weeks of closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 5th December 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline