Job Title: Leaf Planning & Logistics Coordinator
Organization: Q-Sourcing Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Evaluates and reviews overall Logistics requirements, including 3PL’s and costs, prepares the Logistics Plan for inclusion in the AOP and meets with relevant HOD’s to agree logistical requirements in compliance AO Uganda Logistical SOP’s.
· Plans and documents each stage of the Leaf Crop cycle, meets with Departmental Heads monthly to review significant changes and deviations and agrees options and alternative scenarios in line with AO Uganda Leaf Crop Calendar.
· Regularly checks operational financial forecasts, and prepares and controls annual budget for the Logistics Department and submits to the Finance Director in compliance with AO Uganda Financial Policies and Procedures.
· Updates the Terms of Reference for 3PL and other Logistics Service Providers, recommends the most suitable vendors to the Tender Committee, arranges Contract preparation and sign off, submits to FD and MD for approval and monitors contract adherence via the Procurement Officer.
· Keenly reviews and updates Tender or Bid documents, forwards these to the FD and MD, monitors the documents via the Procurement Officer, in compliance with AO Uganda Tender Procedures.
· Organises and manages the inputs distribution and extraction of tobacco, overviews quality and quantity transported, maintains variance reports on transported goods and submits to Finance for claims against 3PL’s and payment of invoices in compliance with AO Uganda Logistics Procedures.
· Organises shipping documentation and payment of export levy, develops Shipping Plan to meet Processing & Packing Plan, allocates and maintains variance reports regarding green tobacco despatched against received weights, and claims expenses against 3PL in compliance with AO Uganda Shipping SOP’s.
· The incumbent ensures that the 3PL’s provide the optimum service to transport Uganda’s product types and that load capacities are maximised, route plans are adhered to as per delivery schedules and carries out spot checks in line with AO Uganda Transporters SOP;s.
· Ensures, through the Logistics Coordinators, rough-cut capacities and warehousing inputs and similar, that the Infestation Management System is operating in the warehouses, and monthly stock count and reconciliations have been completed in compliance with AO Uganda Inputs and Warehouse Management SOP’s.
· Ensures that the Safety, Health and Environment Policies and Procedures for the Leaf Logistics and Agronomy Departments are adhered by all parties, takes corrective action in liaison with the Human Resources Manager and in line with AOI and relevant Industry SHE Policies.
· Works closely with the Human Resources Manager where appropriate and manages the Leaf Planning and Logistics staff and resources to ensure that efficient and effective Logistics services and assistance are provided to the Business in line with AO Uganda Strategy
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Business Management Degree with focus on Supply Chain Management or similar.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of international trade (EAC, COMESA), managing 3 PL’s, financial management and control and experience in Procurement and Purchasing within the Tobacco Industry and or similar.
· International Trade (EAC, COMESA).
· Logistics, financial management and general administration.
· Agronomy procedures and processes and transporters.
· Tobacco systems applications.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to manage, lead and control teams to achieve pre-agreed objectives.
· Ability to plan, organise and use own initiative.
· Analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who meet the minimum criteria outlined as above are invited to send a comprehensive CV with certified academic qualifications via e-mail to email@example.com
Note: Kindly mark your application as "Application _ Leaf Planning & Logistics Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 15th November 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline