Job Title: Knowledge Management and Learning Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The Knowledge Management and Learning Manager will ensure that knowledge management is developed into a central pillar of achieving WaterAid Uganda’s strategic objectives. The incumbent will be profiling WaterAid Uganda’s work by leading the development of Programme Knowledge work in line with priorities identified in the Country Strategy. The jobholder will also document and disseminate lessons learned in the implementation of water supply, sanitation and hygiene projects within communities and government.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take lead in the development of the programme knowledge and dissemination strategy.
· Lead in developing and reviewing knowledge management relevant policies & frameworks, ensuring they are implemented to meet delivery standards of WA
· Offer support in monitoring and evaluating the knowledge sharing program, including external benchmarking and evaluation programs/ opportunities;
· Document lessons learnt and good practices and disseminating to the broader organization
· Build partnerships among sector stakeholders for effective collaboration and co-ordination of programme knowledge learning and dissemination.
· Support organizational, team and personal work planning, implementation & review processes to maximize the effectiveness of WaterAid’s initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid Knowledge Management and Learning Manager job opportunity must hold a Bachelor degree in Business management, Information technology or related field
· At least six years of development experience with four years in direct Knowledge management practice
· Prior exposure and experience in developing knowledge management strategies and establishing guidelines.
· Previous experience in developing training modules and delivering formal and informal classroom trainings, workshops, conferences and seminars.
· Skilled in building and managing relationships with key stakeholders
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and motivation letters to: WAUrecruitment@wateraid.org including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline