Job Title: Investment Officer – Agriculture
Organisation: Stromme Foundation Eastern Africa (SFEA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
Stromme Foundation Eastern Africa (SFEA) is an international NGO registered in Uganda since 1994 and has its Head Offices in Kristiansand, Norway. SFEA has a mission to eradicate poverty through interventions in Microfinance and Education. SFEA intervenes through local partners in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and South Sudan. SF’s identity is based on Christian values and strives to approach all people with dignity and openness. With deep respect for human dignity and a conviction of the value of equitable partnership, SF works to empower the poor to take charge of their own lives and communities.
Job Summary: The Investment Officer - Agriculture will be responsible for the performance of the Institutional Agriculture loan portfolio and assisting in the management and provision of technical advice and capacity building to micro-finance and non-microfinance partners in the areas where SMF EA Ltd operates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will market and promote agricultural related activities of SMF EA Ltd in the region.
· In charge of the identification and appraisal of potential and existing Microfinance Institutions involved in agribusiness value chain financing as per SMF EA Ltd.’s eligibility criteria.
· Identification and appraisal of potential non-Microfinance Institutions involved in agribusiness value chain financing as per SMF EA Ltd.’s eligibility criteria.
· Grow the agriculture value chain portfolio as per set targets and conduct comprehensive reviews for its growth in the region.
· Carry out periodic review of the Company’s Agricultural lending portfolio to ensure its continued relevance to smallholder farmers, prepare recommendations and action plan
· Identify and recommend other technical extended service providers along the value chains for Strategic partnerships.
· Identify capacity building needs and recommend possible assistance for Microfinance and non-Microfinance partners within the available resources.
· In charge of monitoring onsite and offsite the performance of the Microfinance partners involved in Agricultural value chain lending to ensure that they operate according to microfinance sound practices.
· Prepare and submit technical reports on the performance of the partners Appraised/monitored to guide management decision making.
· Actively contribute to ensuring that SMF EA Ltd has a high portfolio quality at all times.
· Assist in providing technical support to Microfinance and non-microfinance partners in areas where they performance gaps have been identified.
· Prepare agriculture related reports as per different stakeholder requests and agreements
· Offer technical support in the implementation and revision of SMF EA Ltd’s policies and procedures together with tools to appraise and monitor the performance and impact of the partners.
· Actively contribute to the Promotion of Social Performance Management amongst all partners in the region.
· Perform any other business that may be assigned to him from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Investment Officer must hold a good University degree in Agribusiness Management/ BSc. Agriculture from a recognized University.
· Possession of postgraduate qualifications in the above fields is an added advantage.
· At least three years’ experience in operations management function (specifically in Agriculture related) in a financial institution.
· Extensive knowledge, skills and experience in managing Agriculture lending operations and capacity building programmes at a senior level in a credible financial institution.
· Good proactive team player
· Strong strategic thinker
· Training of trainers’ skills, consultancy skills, strong and high level technical skills in operations management supported by excellent understanding of Agriculture lending best practices at both the local and international level is added advantage.
· The Investment Officer- Agriculture should be conversant and ready to use various analytical tools to measure, evaluate and interpret institutional performance at all levels.
· The Investment Officer-agriculture should have capacity to work independently in developing and implementing action plans guided by the company’s key strategic objectives with minimal supervision.
· Willingness to travel extensively within the region
· Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
· Age: Below 35 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and a detailed curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating contact details of 3(three) referees via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th December 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline