Job Title: Inventory Officer – Customs Liaison
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Inventory Officer – Customs Liaison will ensure a smooth flow of imports and exports by closely keeping his/her hands on the relevant documentation as required by the respective regulatory bodies (URA, UNBS etc.), countries and trading blocs e.g. IGAD, COMESA, EAC, EU, AU, ECOWAS, etc. and a follow through accordingly.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take charge of the inventory pipeline right from time of order placement, transshipment, customs processes through to landing at the Main Warehouse.
· Take charge of the inventory pipeline for UG exports right from the Warehouse through to all customs procedures to landing at the desired destination.
· Keep in touch with M-KOPA Solar resource persons in other countries to cause harmony in reporting and monitoring requirements.
· Keep abreast with the ever evolving import/export laws and be able to guide Senior Management on the same.
· Be a link between Finance & Logistics department on matters related to tax payments and follow ups.
· Deliver weekly reports on the position of imports and exports to management.
· Keep a tight watch on timelines for ETAs for both imports and exports.
· Maintain inventory lists, review paperwork and reports, check product codes, process shipping orders, and provide customer service to all Logistics department customers’.
· Support the Warehouse Manager in administrative tasks, identifying pipeline bottle necks, and coming up with solutions to problems.
· Respond to management team’s inquiries on pipeline issues cautiously.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Inventory Officer – Customs Liaison job vacancy must hold an Honours degree in a business course preferably BA in Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Engineering from a Chartered & recognized University.
· Possession of a postgraduate Certificate in a field related to Taxation, Customs, and Forwarding etc. will be a plus.
· Three years of practical working experience in the field of Customs Clearing and Forwarding or Import/Export.
· Traceable experience in handling Customs related documentation processes
· Knowledge of ASYCUDA+ and ability to utilize the module is an advantage.
· Extensive knowledge on operations of URA, UNBS, UEPB, UIA, PSF, KCCA etc.
· Possess a valid driver’s license with 2 years’ experience gained post acquisition of permit.
· High level of familiarity with international documentation procedures -INCOTERMS
· Ability to demonstrate skills gained in managing export/import processes
· Proven ability to communicate across a matrix organ set up
· Previous experience communicating to senior Management
· Age: Below 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to with the subject “Customs Officer” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Lubowa Estate, Plot 1300 -1301 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 4th December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline