Job Title: Inventory Assistant
Organisation: Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba (UPIK)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Bursar
Ref. No: GC/UPIK/2016/04
Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba (UPIK) was established by the Statutory instrument No. 31 of 2011: The Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Acts, 2006 (Establishment of Uganda Petroleum Institute, Kigumba) in July, 2011. The mandate of UPIK is to provide a world-class education in geosciences and petroleum engineering in order to support and advance the petroleum and energy sectors in Uganda, East Africa and beyond.
Job Summary: The Inventory Assistant will be tasked with receiving, recording and storing of supplies and office equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receiving, recording and storing supplies.
· Receiving requisitions and orders and issuing stores.
· Taking stock levels of the Stores
· Checking and verifying stores invoices.
· Keeping records of all store supplies received and issued out.
· Maintaining efficient storage and fast retrieval systems.
· Recording and disposing off damaged, obsolete and expired stores.
· Supervising loading and offloading of stores and supplies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes including credits in Mathematics and English Language with a Diploma in Supplies and Stores Management or Procurement from a recognized awarding institution.
· A minimum of three (3) years of experience in stores management in a Public or reputable organisation.
· Personal Competences: Procurement, Disposal and Contract management, Planning, Organizing and Coordination; Information Communication Technology (ICT); Accountability; Ethics and Integrity; and Time management.
· Age: 25 - 40 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should submit in triplicate, their hand-written applications, clearly indicating telephone and email contacts. The signed application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the post together with copies of certified academic documents, up to date CV and relevant supporting documents showing your experience. The application should be addressed to the Secretary, Governing Council, Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba, P. O. Box 167, Bweyale- Kiryandongo and be hand-delivered at the UPIK Reception in Kigumba. Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will be accepted as long as they are received before the deadline for submission.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline