Job Title: Internal Auditor, Risk & Compliance (IA/R&C)
Organisation: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Internal Auditor, Risk & Compliance
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of the Government’s Rural Electrification Programme.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor, Risk & Compliance will be responsible for supporting the planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining agency-wide compliance and audit programs, policies, and procedures that promote a corporate culture that fosters ethical and compliant behavior and provides the basis for ensuring adequate internal controls and compliance with all laws and regulatory requirements applicable to REA and all of its partners (i.e. Service Providers in the Service Territories, Contractors and Consultants).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keenly reviews and reports on compliance and risk policies and procedures in accordance with audit programs as a deterrent to committing illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
· Periodically reviews Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees and issues recommendation for their update.
· The incumbent collaborates with other departments dealing with compliance and risk issues in order to highlight complaints on alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct so as to channel them for appropriate review and resolution.
· Regularly monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
· Assists management in the identification and assessment of potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
· Supports Management as appropriate, to develop an effective compliance training program for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees.
· Regularly monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Internal Auditor, Risk & Compliance job opportunity should a Bachelor’s degree in the following areas: Risk, Compliance, Finance & Accounting, Law & Engineering disciplines. Master’s degree in any of the above disciplines is desirable.
· Hold relevant professional qualification in auditing, risk & compliance, fraud, and accounting is a must
· At least three years’ experience in Audit, Risk and Compliance assurance or a similar discipline.
· Proficiency in Internal audit, COSO, internal controls, compliance and risk management frameworks is essential.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of audit techniques as they relate to audit work programs, audit testing and sampling, assembling/documenting findings, and audit report writing.
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, advanced Excel)
· Additional knowledge about compliance and/or audit issues in the electricity and on-grid distribution sector is desirable.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, P.O. Box 7317, Kampala - Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 2nd December 2016 by 5.00PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline