Job Title: Information Systems Auditor
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: MSC Head Office, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Internal Audit
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Information Systems Auditor will carry out detailed evaluation and internal control audit reviews of computer information systems. The incumbent consults with business management and users on computer information systems strategic and operational issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Execute risk based audits in accordance with the annual work plans and as instructed by the supervisor.
· Conducts general and application control reviews for computer information systems in respect to development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
· Carry out continuous risk assessment of the information technology environment (operating systems, network infrastructure, loan management system, information databases, financial reporting systems and all other interfaced applications) including general system controls, infrastructure controls and application controls and recommend remedial action.
· The incumbent will prepare working papers in accordance with the IPPF and internal audit documentation requirements to support audit results and conclusions drawn.
· Conduct operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits, as assigned.
· Actively participate in conducting both regular and spot audits of the Zonal Offices and the MSC clients.
· Performs reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems development implementation and enhancements to current systems.
· Provide risk and control consulting to the business on pre and post implementation system development and enhancements.
· Prepares and presents written and oral reports and other technical information in an accurate, clear and concise, and manner.
· Follows-up on audit findings (results) to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s).
· Supports other audit staff in developing IT tools and methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems and data.
Key Result Areas:
· Responsible for information technology audits including annual and engagement planning.
· Implement risk based internal audit assignments and projects as allocated by the Manager
· Well maintained audit working papers.
· Timely and well supported audit reports
· Prompt identification of potential risk areas in the Company with timely appropriate recommendations.
· Create information system review guidelines and baseline for use in the organization in all IS audits.
· Continuous skill and competence improvements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the MSC Information Systems Auditor job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science; Information Technology, Accounting, Business administration, Mathematical degree.
· Professional qualification in information systems i.e. CISA, CISSP, CISM, CGET, CRISC,
· Membership with ISACA, IIA and or ACFE.
· Certified Public Accountant and /or Certified Internal Auditor preferred
· A minimum of four years of continuous progressive working experience in information system auditing or security with at least one year at a supervisory level.
· Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
· Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
· Demonstrated ability to perform control reviews on systems development, operation, programming, control, and security procedures and standards.
· Ability to review system backup, disaster recovery and maintenance procedures.
· Broad knowledge of software requirements for the auditing of computing systems and procedures.
· Working knowledge of general accounting principles.
· Knowledge of local laws, regulations, and standards governing all aspects of the utilization of computer systems.
· Knowledge of auditing policies, standards, and procedures.
· Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
· Highly analytical and effectively able to prioritize company needs.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of certified academic certificates with at least 3 referees in properly sealed envelopes to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner. All applicants are required to fill a summary form upon submission of the application, Click Here.
The Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46, Windsor Crescent- off Acacia Avenue
P.O. Box 33711 KAMPALA
Deadline: 30th November 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline