Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation was founded in the Netherlands over 50 years ago and has built a long-term, local presence in 38 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of advisors use their specialist expertise in Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene to contribute to solving some of the leading problems facing the world today. SNV has been working in Uganda since 1989 and is currently working in 108 districts. Our advisory services are in line with Ugandan policies and are tailored for specific Ugandan organisations, enterprises and districts. SNV would like to implement an anticipated WASH Programme.
About IAP Fund:
As a result of an international competitive commercial tender, has been selected by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) as the Fund Manager to manage the Innovations Against Poverty fund (IAP) from September 2016 until August 2020. The overall purpose of IAP is to support entrepreneurs financially and technically to develop innovative Inclusive Business models in Cambodia, Uganda, Zambia and Ethiopia that deliver both commercial benefits for the private sector and developmental benefits for the low income people, in terms of job creation, income improvements and availability of more affordable goods and services. IAP will provide business mentoring support and award non-reimbursable funding of selected proposal budgets to companies operating in the targeted markets through competitive calls for relevant business proposals that will handle the market challenges innovatively, benefit the poor and be commercially sustainable and replicable in the long run. Funding is available for up to EUR 200,000 per project for proposals in four sectors - Agriculture, Energy, WASH and ICT.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the IAP2’s Executive Manager in the development of the procedures, framework, strategies and tools In accordance to the local context
· The incumbent will register, coordinate and report as relevant with the Government of Uganda
· Supporting the set-up and implementation of each round of call for proposals, including specific responsibilities to be assigned by the iAP2's Executive Manager on marketing, applications processing, due diligence, selection, applicant support, guidance and coaching, amongst others.
· Offering business mentoring, facilitation and strategic technical assistance and innovation advisory for the grantees in accordance to the relevant sectors and business models.
· Providing back-stopping on the advisory work to the IAP's IB officers in Zambia and Ethiopia.
· In charge of the management of a number of local grantees, including: coordination, monitoring performance of grantees, alerting of any unsatisfactory performance and milestone checking.
· Revise, analyze (including field verifications), report and process reimbursement requests from companies.
· Advise the financial team and the Executive Manager on the compliance of IAP standards and requirements.
· Coordinate with the IAP's Financial Officer on all the steps along the process of reimbursement/disbursement for each grantee.
· Supporting actions for scaling up strategies and matchmaking
· Significantly contribute to knowledge management/learning by preparing case studies, lessons learnt good practices and collecting data, statistical, qualitative, and anecdotal evidence collected by the IAP Team
· Disseminate the IB models/ideas to different stakeholders aiming for a systematic change in the emerging market
· Perform any other duties that may be assigned by IAP2's Executive Manager,
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold an MBA or equivalent qualification
· A minimum of seven years of relevant working experience, preferably in the development sector, business development services, consulting firms in the agriculture sector or investment funds
· Previous exposure and experience with agricultural investments that involve small farmers supply chains
· Experience with Energy, ICT and WASH that involve the low income consumers
· Experience or solid understanding in monitoring and evaluation in development and private sector projects
· Broad knowledge and understanding of poverty and social impact
· Ability to think independently, analyze problems, and identify solutions;
· High degree of initiative, flexibility, reliability, discretion and willingness to learn;
· Good understanding of field realities; ability to link different professional spheres: business, government, and civil society
· Cross-cultural skills and management experience of multiple complex tasks.
· Strong facilitation skills and good problem solving and analytical skills
· Ability and willingness to travel.
· Excellent spoken and written English
· Good computer skills in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Etc.)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply by sending a motivation letter, an updated Curriculum Vitae, names, contact details of three professional referees and concrete examples of proven experience via E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 1st December 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline