Job Title: Human Resources for Health Advisor
Organisation: USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Health Systems Strengthening Team Lead
The USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program (the Program) aims to strengthen, organize and mobilize the private sector to provide Ugandans with the option of obtaining high-quality health services from private for profit (PFP) providers. The Program’s key objectives are:
· Expanded availability of health services by private service providers;
· Increased affordability of private health services and products; and
· Improved quality of private health sector facilities and services.
In September 2016, PHS scope of work was expanded to 1) continue supporting Private Health Providers to deliver essential HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services, and 2) Strengthen health systems within the faith-based health sector to build a strong foundation for sustained scale up of services for people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Job Summary: The Human Resources for Health (HRH) Advisor will support partners with human resource planning and management to ensure priority cadres critical for the delivery of health/HIV/AIDS services are recruited and placed, and institute robust HRH management information systems to ease reporting, performance tracking, payroll management, and overall planning. The incumbent will have comprehensive responsibility within USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program supported districts for supporting the HRH activity to increase the access to skilled Human Resources for Health and increase the use of quality services by the most vulnerable particularly women and children in rural areas. The jobholder will also work closely with the medical bureaus and collaborate with Ministry of Health (MoH) as well as other Presidential Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief ( PEPFAR) related HRH implementing partners to recruit, induct and train health workers, undertake performance management processes, strengthen support supervision systems, and support the health quality improvement interventions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Working closely with the Medical Bureau, health facility boards and health facility managers, develop and strengthen policies and incentives for staff attraction and retention.
· Carry out targeted advocacy with the Ministry of Health and other government stakeholders to increase financial support to PNFP service providers to achieve established staffing standards.
· Actively participate in the identification and supervision of consultancy firms that may be hired by the program to carry out HRH strengthening activities for medical bureaus and health facilities.
· Support Medical bureaus and district management to undertake performance management processes for health workers
· Actively participate in the quarterly joint support visits to 19 supported faith based health facilities.
· Prepare periodic high quality HRH progress reports and share them with internal and external stakeholders.
· Work closely with medical bureaus to streamline their HRH management systems and tools by adopting relevant ones from the public sector.
· Support and monitor the effective implementation of HRH Quality Improvement interventions in 19 faith based health facilities directly funded by USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program.
· Track and report implementation status, as well as initiate corrective action, where applicable.
· Undertake other tasks, as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID PHS Program Human Resources for Health Advisor career placement should possess a Master's Level Degree in Human Resource Management or its equivalent
· At least seven years’ experience in the field of international development;
· Five or more years of experience in Human Resources for Health-related activities;
· Excellent organizational, analytical, and supervisory skills;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent computer skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications via
Deadline: 8th December 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline