Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Organization: Uganda Road Fund (URF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Corporate Services
Uganda Road Fund (URF) is a body corporate established by the Uganda Road Fund Act 2008, to finance routine and periodic maintenance of public roads.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer will be mainly responsible for the formulation and implementation of the URF Human Resource policies and plans, development and maintenance of an efficient, effective and productive workforce that is motivated and capable of meeting URF strategic objectives/targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of the day-to-day human resource management functions including development, interpretation and dissemination of Human Resource policies to staff;
· Responsible for the implementation of report on HR-related Board recommendations on re-design of structure of the Fund to suit it to delivery of mandate;
· Develop and continuously review and update the Human Resource Manual;
· Prepare annual human resource forecasts and budgets in relation to requirements, plan for and implement the recruitment, retention and motivation of staff;
· Develop and manage the staff performance appraisal system to ensure that staff achieve the set targets; prepare performance management reports to Management;
· The incumbent will identify the training needs of staff, prepare and implement the training plan in accordance with the approved Training Policy;
· Manage the payroll in consultation with Fund Management Department and ensure timely payment of staff salaries and emoluments;
· Implement the Human Resource policies, staff benefits, entitlements, medical insurance and workman’s compensation etc;
· Develop and implement proper staff leave management procedures, best practices and systems of staff absence management;
· Inculcate proper work ethics and best practices among staff in respect of handling discipline, time management, work and professional ethics, welfare matters and employee exit management;
· Regularly report to management on the Performance of the Human Resource function in relation to the Annual Performance Plan;
· Perform any other duties assigned by Management from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Uganda Road Fund Human Resource Officer career placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Social Work and Social Administration, B.Com (Human Resource option), Social Sciences, Organizational Psychology or any other related discipline;
· Possession of a Postgraduate Diploma in Management or Human Resource Management;
· A Master’s degree in Business Administration with bias in Human Resource Management, Management or Public Administration shall be an added advantage;
· Membership to a Human Resource Professional Association;
· A minimum of five years’ experience gained in a reputable agency preferably in the Transport and or Accountability sector in the Human Resource Management function.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results;
· Knowledge of Ugandan Labour Laws and other relevant and statutory guidelines/requirements;
· Broad knowledge and understanding of organisational design, restructuring and performance management;
· Flexible and able to respond effectively to unforeseen workplace circumstances;
· High integrity, maturity of character with high levels of confidentiality;
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
· Excellent analytical skills, good oral and written skills;
· Computer literacy skills
· Self-driven with a high sense of responsibility able to work under minimum supervision;
· Demonstrable leadership, counseling and guidance skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications accompanied by;
· A capability statement detailing the applicant’s general qualifications, adequacy for the post and illustrated personal experience
· Detailed Curriculum Vitae showing experience and positions held
· Current Salary
· Three professional referees including phone and E-mail contacts
· Copies of testimonials
· Postal Addresses, daytime telephone contacts and E-mail address of applicant
The complete application package should be sent in hardcopy to:
The Executive Director,
Uganda Road Fund,
5th Floor TWED Towers, Plot 10 Kafu Road, Nakasero,
P.O. Box 7501, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016