Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Mercy Corps is an International non-profit organization that has been operating in Uganda since 2006 and works to catalyze change makers within the Ugandan private sector, civil society and government to create economically dynamic, healthy and secure communities. Our works focus on building resilience and enable economic growth, improve opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, and improved governance and conflict management. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Assistant will offer support to Mercy Corps Uganda’s human resources function. The position provides quality and timely service assisting where required in Kampala and other Mercy Corps field offices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Follow Mercy Corps Policies and Procedures for Human Resources as stipulated in the Mercy Corps field Administration manual and in line with the National staff policy Handbook.
· Support the Senior Human Resource Officer in moving the hiring processes i.e. (collecting CV’s, short listing, interviewing.
· Receive new hires and introduce them to the various departmental and focal departmental heads in charge of the various key departmental aspects.
· In charge of carrying out candidate referencing before initial interviews and after interviews.
· Ensure that all new hires receive a complete Mercy Corps hire/orientation package or binder i.e. (Policy Manual electronic or manual)
· Raising all the hire –related documentation pertaining hire-offers, transfers and promotions
· Maintaining all employee personnel files (records) in a central filing system, making sure all necessary HR paperwork is consistently filed and/or updated as required.
· In charge of ensuring that all exit staff documents are fully recovered from the field and copies have been put on file.
· Raising all service contracts within the country office and in the field as requested ensuring a complete set of documents
· Ensure to compute and submit all terminal benefits for exited staff to the Senior Human Resource Officer.
· Receive all performance reviews from the Senior Human Resource Officer and as may be instructed renew their contracts.
· Supports the SHRO in dispatching off all pay slip statements to individual staff in Kampala and will ensure to follow up on the statements sent to the field.
· Support in submitting all HR related documents during the audit period as may be requested by your supervisor.
· Support in following up on any immigration documents to and from NGO board, Immigration and or Ministry of internal affairs
· On a monthly basis, collect all the timesheets from various departments in Kampala and submit them to the Senior Human Resource Officer for review before sending them to the finance department.
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
· Other duties are assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Human Resource Assistant career placement should a Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field.
· At least two to three years’ experience in Human Resource or any related people function
· Proficiency in Computer (MS Word, Excel, Access, etc)
· The applicant must be an independent thinker and have strong organizational skills;
· Good problem solving skills and experience
· Knowledgeable on Human Resource Function and can interpret all policies.
· Positive attitude, willingness to work long hours, initiative and flexibility,
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to work independently and in a team, pay attention to detail and show initiative, prompt and proactive response.
· Fluency in English (written and spoken)
How to Apply:
All prospective Ugandans who wish to join Mercy Corps are encouraged to send their applications via email including a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Kampala Head Office on 4th Floor Embassy Plaza, Plot 1188-1190 Ggaba Road.
Deadline: 4th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline