Job Title: HR Officer
Organization: CIC Africa Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director – CIC Africa Uganda
CIC Insurance Group is the leading Co-operative Insurer in Africa, providing insurance and related financial services in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi. The Group offers a wide range of products including General Insurance, Life Assurance, Medical Insurance and Asset Management Services. It is a pioneer and leader in Micro-insurance. The Group’s focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery has differentiated it in the market and earned it International recognition.
Job Summary: The HR Officer – CIC Africa will mainly be responsible for providing general day-to-day human resources support to CIC Africa - Uganda as part of the Group HR function in relation to all HR, Employee Records, Training and Development and other administration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepares and submits employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analysing data e.g. Staff KPIs;
· Supports the HRBP with generalist HR matters, including reviewing and developing relevant Policies and Procedures and providing advice in relation to employee performance, conduct and absence management;
· Coordinates and administers training and development programs and liaising with external training bodies as required. This includes providing support in relation to Health and Safety training records for employees;
· In charge of the preparation of documents required for management meetings and interviews;
· Managing and maintaining contracts, personnel files and other employee information including by capturing and updating employment and status-change data;
· Welcomes new employees to the organization by conducting orientation & develops an induction program for them;
· Offers support in the preparations for disciplinary and grievance hearings as necessary;
· Drafts contract offer letters to new staff and confirmation letters; and
· Providing confidential ad hoc advice and assistance to employees.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the CIC Africa HR Officer vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or in a related field
· Possession of an HR Diploma is required
· At least four years’ relevant experience
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Good problem solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS Office and other office applications
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are strictly encouraged to send an updated resume to the address below indicating the job title in the subject of your email. For example: Ref: Application for HR Officer – CIC Africa (Uganda) to: email@example.com
Deadline: 9th November 2016
NB: Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 30th November, 2016 consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline