Job Title: Horticulturist
Organisation: Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Uganda
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without on-going support from Concern.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Horticulturist will work directly with 15 water user committees to implement vegetable gardens - sales from which will support water user fee collection and contribute towards water user committee cash savings. This includes offering training on best practice in agriculture, post-harvest handling and sales of vegetables.
· Offer support to the project’s linking of WASH to Nutrition initiative.
· In charge of monitoring, Reporting and Documentation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Horticulturist job placement must hold a Diploma or Degree in Agriculture or Agriculture Extension Services;
· A minimum of three years’ experience in planning and implementation of a livelihoods/ Nutrition/WASH project focusing mainly on horticulture.
· Extensive knowledge on vegetable garden techniques.
· Broad knowledge of gardening techniques, pesticide use, safety techniques and conservational agriculture.
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Demonstrates excellent training/facilitation skills;
· Possess a valid Class A’ driving permit.
· The candidate must speak Luo;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and detailed CV (max 4 pages) with a covering letter, copies of relevant certificates, with day time contacts, names and addresses of three (3) work related referees’.
The complete applications should be sent and addressed to: The Human Resources Department, Concern Worldwide Uganda, P.O. Box 6599 Kampala, Uganda or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 25th November 2016 by 5PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline