Job Title: Health Systems Strengthening Team Lead
Organisation: USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party - PNFP
The USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program (the Program) aims to strengthen, organize and mobilize the private sector to provide Ugandans with the option of obtaining high-quality health services from private for profit (PFP) providers. The Program’s key objectives are:
· Expanded availability of health services by private service providers;
· Increased affordability of private health services and products; and
· Improved quality of private health sector facilities and services.
In September 2016, PHS scope of work was expanded to 1) continue supporting Private Health Providers to deliver essential HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services, and 2) Strengthen health systems within the faith-based health sector to build a strong foundation for sustained scale up of services for people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Job Summary: The Health Systems Strengthening Team Lead is mainly responsible for the technical and management role for the Health System Strengthening component under the expanded PHS-PNFP activity scope. The incumbent will oversee and provide close monitoring and technical support for all Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) activities in the Program and lead the technical design of new initiatives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Working closely with the Health services team, regional and district Quality Improvement (QI) coaches s/he will support implementation of quality management and continuous quality improvement systems.
· S/he will provide clear, specific, and well- documented technical direction to the Finance, Governance and Human Resources for Health (HRH) advisors
· Provide concrete and specific guidance to shape the strategies and activities defined in the project's modification proposal and annual work plan.
· Establish performance indicators for the HSS interventions and rally team work among teams to produce quality results around these indicators.
· Assure that project interventions under HSS result in observable and measurable improvement in the quality of management processes and health/HIV/AIDS services in targeted facilities.
· Provide close monitoring and technical support for all HSS activities and lead the technical design of new initiatives.
· Keenly review program implementation activities in the field frequently and identify ways to strengthen the approaches, tools, and the capacity of bureaus and health facilities
· Guide the Capacity Strengthening of the HSS team to establish systems for tracking achievements, document and disseminate best practices stakeholders - the Ministry of Health (MOH), clients, religious institutions and other partners.
· The jobholder will consult with Deputy Chief of Party- Private Not for Profit (DCOP - PNFP) and other PHS technical staff in the design of strategies, tools, and policies for integrating systems to support quality service delivery.
· Supervise and support skill building of the Governance, HRH and Health Financing advisors
· Contribute ideas and knowledge in the establishment of a National Faith Based body.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID PHS Program Health Systems Strengthening Team Lead career placement should possess a Masters’ degree in management sciences or Public Health Management or its equivalent.
· A minimum of ten years’ experience in the field of health system strengthening;
· At least five years’ experience in two of the HSS components (HRH, Governance and health financing)
· Previous experience in organizational capacity development
· Excellent organizational, analytical, and supervisory skills;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent computer skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications via
Deadline: 8th December 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline