Job Title: Health Financing Advisor
Organisation: USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program (the Program) aims to strengthen, organize and mobilize the private sector to provide Ugandans with the option of obtaining high-quality health services from private for profit (PFP) providers. The Program’s key objectives are:
· Expanded availability of health services by private service providers;
· Increased affordability of private health services and products; and
· Improved quality of private health sector facilities and services.
In September 2016, PHS scope of work was expanded to 1) continue supporting Private Health Providers to deliver essential HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services, and 2) Strengthen health systems within the faith-based health sector to build a strong foundation for sustained scale up of services for people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Job Summary: The Health Financing Advisor will support medical bureaus and faith-based facilities to develop and implement innovative strategies for fundraising and local resource mobilization to fill existing funding gaps and develop reserve and endowment funds to bolster their financial resiliency and ability to withstand occasional economic shocks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Strengthen financial management systems to optimize efficiencies and reduce resource wastage
· Keenly review and strengthen procurement systems in faith-based facilities to improve soliciting, bidding, evaluation, and award processes to ensure value for money.
· Oversee the strengthening of capacity of medical bureaus, boards and health facility management to engage in resource mobilization focused advocacy and lobbying, identification and diversification of funding sources
· Coach and mentor health facility management teams in professional resource management practices
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID PHS Program Health Financing Advisor career placement should possess a Master’s degree in MBA, Finance or its equivalent
· At least five years’ experience in finance and budget management experience in a large organization or health related program or access to finance programs
· Significant experience in resource mobilization
· Experience in capacity building for finance management
· Skills in computer packages-excel, current accounting packages
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications via
Deadline: 8th December 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline