Job Title: Head, Procurement and Disposal Unit
Organization: Uganda Road Fund (URF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director/Accounting Officer
Uganda Road Fund (URF) is a body corporate established by the Uganda Road Fund Act 2008, to finance routine and periodic maintenance of public roads.
Job Summary: The Head, Procurement and Disposal Unit will oversee the procurement and disposal function of the fund, in line among others, with roles and responsibilities defined in section 31 and 32 of the PPDA Act (2003) and associated regulations as amended in 2014.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Carry out and manage all functions of the PDU as stipulated in the PPDA Act, 2003 as amended;
· Manage all procurements and disposal activities of the Fund as required;
· Offer quality assurance and support to implementation of annual procurement plans of designated agencies of the fund;
· Prepare and present reports, papers and briefs to the Fund Management Board, on issues related to procurement and disposal of assets as may be required;
· Actively participate in the meetings of the Fund Management Committee, including tendering professional advice and provision of regular reports and briefs;
· Prepare regular and ad hoc reports of the Unit as may be required from time to time;
· Work closely with PPDA on all matters of procurement and disposal including filing monthly procurement reports;
· Establish a procurement tracking system for monitoring of all URF procurement activities;
· Establish and periodically up-date a register of pre-qualified suppliers of goods, works and consultancy services;
· Track performance of all supply contracts, ensuring contact managers file regular reports and confirm delivery of goods/services;
· Establish and implement performance monitoring system for all suppliers and consultants and ensure timely updates of the system;
· Manage the functions and performance of all staff placed under the PDU;
· Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Executive Director from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Uganda Road Fund Head, Procurement and Disposal Unit job opportunity should hold an Honours degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or Business Administration, Economics, Finance or any business related field, with a Postgraduate Diploma in Procurement;
· Possession of a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related discipline shall be an added advantage;
· Professional qualification in procurement (e.g. CIPS);
· At least five years’ experience in a reputable organization in the public sector.
· Broad knowledge of, and experience with the PPDA Act and regulations;
· Previous experience in planning and implementing procurements;
· High integrity and strong interpersonal skills, good communication skills and be self-driven;
· Flexible and able to respond effectively to unforeseen workplace circumstances;
· High integrity, maturity of character with high levels of confidentiality;
· Excellent analytical skills, good oral and written skills
· Computer literacy skills
· Self-driven with a high sense of responsibility able to work under minimum supervision;
· Demonstrable leadership, counseling and guidance skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications accompanied by;
· A capability statement detailing the applicant’s general qualifications, adequacy for the post and illustrated personal experience
· Detailed Curriculum Vitae showing experience and positions held
· Current Salary
· Three professional referees including phone and E-mail contacts
· Copies of testimonials
· Postal Addresses, daytime telephone contacts and E-mail address of applicant
The complete application package should be sent in hardcopy to:
The Executive Director,
Uganda Road Fund,
5th Floor TWED Towers, Plot 10 Kafu Road, Nakasero,
P.O. Box 7501, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline