Job Title: Head of Finance
Organisation: Xavier Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Xavier Project CEO
Salary: 10,000 – 15,000 US Dollars annually
Xavier Project is registered as a local NGO in Uganda, an international NGO in Kenya and a company and charity in UK. All operations are in Kenya and Uganda, but a majority of funds are raised in UK. The Xavier Project envisions a world where everyone has the right to equal opportunities and protection wherever they live and whatever their background. This right is denied to refugees and we use education to change this. Education provides protection and is the best possible tool to help refugees to access equal opportunities. At Xavier Project we use pioneering education as the means to achieve our vision. We are promoting education for refugees in Kenya and Uganda in particular, so that they can have a positive difference on their communities, whether in their host countries or countries of origin.
Job Summary: The Head of Finance will take charge of finance department in the Xavier Project Uganda office and should possess extensive experience in accounting and dealing with institutional donors as well as a passion for advocating for educational opportunities for refugees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensuring that all activities in the Uganda office are in line with the Xavier Project finance manual
· Taking charge of financial reporting to donors
· In charge of reporting internally on Uganda office finances
· Collaborating with the Xavier Project Kenya and Xavier Project UK finance teams and co-designing consolidated reports for the entire organisation
· Building working relationships with new potential donors
· Supervising non-financial reporting activities among junior staff members
· Conducting any other activities needed to pursue the vision of Xavier Project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
· Professional CPA qualification
· A minimum of five years’ experience in a finance team with similar accounting and reporting requirements
· Previous exposure and experience of managing partnerships with external companies, donors or institutions
· The applicant must exhibit a commitment to Xavier Project’s core values and basic knowledge of refugee issues
· Strong knowledge of excel and accounting software (e.g. Sage Pastel and QuickBooks)
· Faultless English written communication
· Academic background related to career
· A level of self-motivation and ability to function well in a small organisation
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs and answers to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “UGANDA FINANCE.” Please also include the names and contact details of two referees. Applicants are urged to apply as soon as they can and not wait until the deadline if possible. Instead of a covering letter please answer the following three questions, with a maximum of 300 words per answer.
Please explain how your finance work in a previous job has maintained or improved relationships between any of the following: your organisation and a donor agency / your organisation and a client / your organisation and a local authority
Give an example in the last three years when you or your organisation arrived at a complex problem and your innovation brought a solution to that problem
How do you expect to show leadership in your role at Xavier Project if you are offered this job?
Deadline: 9th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline