Job Title: Head, Executive Director
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: MSC Head Office, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director (Chief Executive Officer)
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Head, Executive Director will support the ED/CEO in almost all aspects of his/her work, while focusing on managing corporate performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will co-ordinate the processes of strategy formulation and revision, work planning, and policy reviews.
· Regularly monitor and report on progress towards attainment of corporate goals.
· Ensure effective implementation by appropriate follow through on actions, decisions, and commitments made by the CEO by working with the parties responsible for implementation.
· Provide input, in-depth analysis, and recommendations on all business cases and issues brought to the CEO’s attention for decision.
· The incumbent will ensure that the CEO is adequately briefed and informed of important developments in the company’s overall operating environment.
· Take lead in the establishment of and adherence to the company’s quality standards.
· Manage the Secretariat of the Senior Management Team.
· Offer support in the supervision of corporate affairs including MIS, Communication, Risk, M and E and other functions as delegated by the CEO from time to time.
· Oversee resource mobilization efforts in the CEOs office.
Key Result Areas:
· Development and review of the Corporate Strategic plan
· Ensuring quality of MSC programmes and results
· Effective stakeholder management
· Efficient processes and quality management information systems
· Monitoring, Evaluation and Performance Reporting
· Partnerships and Resource mobilisation
· Enterprise wide risk management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Head, Executive Director vacancy should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) in a business administration, Economics, statistics, Finance, Banking or any mathematical degree or equivalent qualification.
· Plus a Master’s degree in any of the following; Economics, commerce, Finance and banking management, business Administration or any other related field;
· A minimum of eight years of relevant working experience with at least 05 years at expert or senior level in a reputable organization in some or all of the areas of strategy, M and E, performance management, Risk, Auditing, Credit Management, Institutional capacity building, Research, Strategic communication, Resource mobilisation. Highly specialised training and demonstrable expert knowledge and achievement may be considered in lieu of some years of experience.
· Professional qualification such as CFA, CIMA, CIA, ICSA, and/or specialised training in development finance/microfinance, professional Banking or equivalent as well as risk management will be an added advantage
· Advanced skills in financial and economic analyses, as well as project feasibility analysis.
· Strong quantitative skills
· Familiarity with development financing.
· Experience in a related development finance/microfinance institution or from management consulting.
· Prior exposure and experience in Research, M and E and ability to produce high quality reports.
· Previous experience in Credit analysis and Management is a plus.
· Strong intellectual ability.
· Highly developed communication and diplomatic skills (written and oral) to effectively share views at highest levels, and communicate effectively with staff at all levels.
· Excellent organizational, analytical, and logistical skills, with keen attention to detail and ability to follow up systematically on a broad set of initiatives and decisions.
· Responsiveness to demands of stakeholders.
· Ability and capability to make decisions quickly.
· High degree of tact and discretion in dealing with internal and external clients, staff at all levels, and in handling confidential and sensitive information.
· High degree of integrity.
· Superior interpersonal skills, including an ability to deal with sensitive issues and build effective working relations with clients, colleagues and other stakeholders.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of certified academic certificates with at least 3 referees in properly sealed envelopes to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner. All applicants are required to fill a summary form upon submission of the application, Click Here.
The Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46, Windsor Crescent- off Acacia Avenue
P.O. Box 33711 KAMPALA
Deadline: 30th November 2016 by 5:00 pm