Job Title: Grants Coordinator
Organisation: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Job Summary: The Grants Coordinator will coordinate the pre-award planning, organization, and preparation, and the post-award administration of various grants assigned to NRC Uganda. The incumbent will also interact with stakeholders to ensure that grants are in compliance with regulatory, funding agency, and policy requirements and provide guidance and support to stakeholders in the identification and development of grant opportunities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee the planning and preparation of grant proposals .
· Act as the primary liaison between potential donors and NRC.
· Prepare and compile all components of each grant submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with donor requirements.
· Advise and/or assist as appropriate in the design, formatting and preparation of grant documentation, to include creation of computerized statistical summaries and/or graphics.
· Develop and maintain specialized databases and systems for recording and tracking grant proposals, awards, and related statistical information; create and distribute standard and special reports, summaries, and analyses, as required.
· Develop and maintains a documentation of reference documentation, including such information as donor requirements and forms, and other pertinent material.
· Provide advice and guidance on the application of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures; .
· Regularly monitor and coordinate the administration of post-award grants to ensure that budgeting and administrative policies, procedures, and donor requirements are being followed; manages administrative problems and/or budget changes occuring during the awarded granting period.
· Maintains currency of knowledge of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures; disseminate and/or presents changes to departments and advise on the implementation of changes, and on the impact of changes on funded operations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Grants Coordinator job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Development studies, Project Planning and Management and other related field of Education from an accredited institution
· A minimum of four years’ experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description
· Previous exposure and experience in Project Proposal writing, donor relations, reporting preferably with INGOs.
· Demonstrated successful Proposal writing
· Working knowledge of grant funding policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
· Knowledge funding sources and mechanisms.
· Broad knowledge of budgeting and fiscal management principles and procedures.
· Ability to develop and produce grants and other proposals.
· Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
· Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
· All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandan candidates who wish to join one of the world’s leading relief organisations, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) should apply by visiting the web link below.
Deadline: 20th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline