Job Title: Global Funding Officer
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Report to: Country Director
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based Danish INGO working closely with church-based as well as secular NGOs in Uganda and in the Great Lakes region. Their programmes cover two main areas: Active Citizenship with a strong focus on good governance and democratization, and Food Security including Humanitarian and Transitional Responses to conflict and natural disaster. DanChurchAid has supported emergency relief and development programmes in Uganda since 1979. DanChurchAid works through partners and with a gender-inclusive rights-based approach, which is mainstreamed throughout all DanChurchAid programme types as well as within the organization.
Job Summary: The Global Funding Officer will be tasked with increasing the fundraising capacity and donor income of DCA’s Country Office in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The incumbent will act as the focal point and key person responsible for;
· Timely proposal development - together with partner organisations and technical staff of DCA - ensuring that proposals meet the requirements of international donors
· Ensuring appropriate grants management of international funded projects
· Assisting in building relations and in increasing visibility of DCA among both donors and the private sector
· Ensuring that all funded projects meet the visibility and communication requirements of the funding agency.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a university degree in international development or other related social sciences.
· Documented successful experience in proposal development and writing.
· Extensive knowledge of handling contracts of international donors including EU, UN agencies, USAID, DfID, Danida as well as other institutional donors
· Working knowledge of and experience of working with the private sector to liaise and raise the profile of DCA .
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and capacity to work with a partner-based approach.
· Highly flexible, pro-active, self-motivated and good at coordinating and organizing own work, as well as that of the team, while managing several processes at a time
· Keen attention to detail.
· Excellent English writing skills.
· Working knowledge of DCA’s programmatic areas is an advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates should e-mail their updated CVs and cover letters explaining their suitability for the post, including three work-related referees and copies of certificates to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly mark “DCA - Position name" in the subject field where you replace “position name” with the position you are applying for. Online attachments may not fill more than 2 MB.
Deadline: 9th December 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline