Job Title: Gender Advisor
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Programmes
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The Gender Advisor will offer timely support to Programme staff and partner organisations in undertaking gender analysis and lead in designing strategies for addressing gender issues in the programme. The incumbent will also ensure the inclusion and advancing of women rights in all aspect of WaterAid Uganda’s operations and engagement at both the ground and national level. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing gender mainstreaming in the substantive programme work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serve as the primary advisor on gender mainstreaming
· Ensure gender dimension in M&E system and support Programme stakeholders to monitor the progress on women’s rights across programme work.
· The jobholder will develop and disseminate a collection of good practice examples of gender mainstreaming in different types of work carried out in the country programme
· Raise awareness and advocate for greater attention to gender perspectives, providing the necessary rationales and advice on approaches to support gender mainstreaming throughout the programme.
· In charge of building partnerships with government institutions, donors, universities, private sector and research institutions so as to advance WaterAid’s strategic objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid Gender Advisor job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree with focus in gender studies or related field
· At least six years of relevant experience.
· Excellent negotiation and strategic planning skills.
· Previous experience in gender issues, particularly with regard to mitigation actions and transparency.
· Excellent networking skills and ability to interact with a diverse array
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and motivation letters to: WAUrecruitment@wateraid.org including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline