Job Title: Veterinary Officer
Organisation: National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank (NAGRC&DB)
Duty Station: Kiruhura, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Farm Manager
The National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, (NAGRC&DB) is a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries whose mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Veterinary Officer will safeguard the health and welfare of animals reared for breeding or production
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Undertakes diagnosis and treatment of animals.
· Refers animals for the conduct of tests including x-rays, blood samples and ultrasound scans as may be found appropriate.
· Guides on animal nutrition, breeding and health.
· Actively participates in the regulation of potential animal breeder prior to licensing and quality assurance on production of semen or genetic breeds.
· Carries out vaccination of animals against various types of diseases.
· Performs surgery on animals.
· Maintains proper and accurate records of animal health.
· Handles and controls animal health emergencies including disease outbreaks and epidemics.
· Conducts assisted reproduction including artificial insemination and embryo transfer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine with knowledge in breeding management.
· Extensive knowledge of artificial insemination techniques and technologies
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their updated CVs, applications, testimonials and three professional referees (one of whom should be work-based) to;
The Executive Director,
Attn: Human Resource / Administration,
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and DataBank (NAGRC & DB)
P.O. Box 183, Entebbe-Uganda.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline