Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Abt Associates
Project Name: USAID-funded Uganda IRS Project
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Abt Associates’ International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
About USAID IRS Project:
The USAID-funded Uganda IRS Project’s objective is to conduct an ambitious spraying program and establish the foundation for sustainable, effective, high-quality IRS activities.
Job Summary: The Driver performs the operations, maintenance, and management of project vehicles, including routine maintenance, registration, tagging, and tax exemptions, as well as providing transportation for project activities for all staff
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Drive project personnel and equipment to locations in Uganda for project activities
· Provide safe, efficient, and timely transportation to staff and consultants
· Maintain project vehicles, keep accurate records for vehicle issues, including fuel, mileage, and trip logs, and schedule routine maintenance and cleaning
· Observe all company vehicle utilization policies and in country traffic laws
· Carry out daily errands such as collecting and delivering mail, making bank deposits and withdrawals, purchasing items for the office, and refueling the vehicles on an as-needed basis
· Travel outside of commuting area to transport staff or consultants to one of the project site offices or for implementation of activities
· Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel and other parts of the vehicle prior to driving
· Assist in routine office chores when necessary such as photocopying, binding, filing, moving furniture, answering telephones, sending faxes, and cleaning the office premises
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably have complete Secondary School
· Hold a valid Ugandan drivers’ license with good driving record
· A minimum of two years’ prior experience in commercial driving
· Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through Kampala and other districts
· Previous work experience on a USAID or other development project is desirable.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· English language proficiency.
How to Apply:
If you so desire to join Abt Associates in the aforementioned capacity should feel free to visit the e-recruitment website below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline